• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nofelet

Reaction score
He/she owns a shop in LA. I think the general consensus is that the pairs are real but will have some cosmetic flaw. IE, seconds.
I`ve got a RRL Straight Leg from that seller. One rivet has lost after few days wearing. It`s a very poor comunication with that seller besides that. One word - Russian roulette!

walds11

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a pair of camo cargo pants, I definitely recommend the Camo Cotton Surplus Cargo Pant. Very nice, high quality, attention to detail medium weight cargo pants. The fit is in between a low-straight and straight fit, definitely not baggy. The leg openings are 8", so not too big there. I went with 32/32 which is what I wear in the low-straight. They have adjustable buckle tabs which helps you dial in a nice fit at the waist. I also considered the olive Regiment Cargo Pant. The olive ones are definitely more versatile. Actually, even right before I took the tags off the camo ones yesterday, I debated on exchanging for the olive ones. It came down to how,I was going to wear these, so off went the tags. And the camo ones are made with ripstop material so I can beat them up more. Here is a quick pic...

MasterOfDomains

Reaction score
In a 6 month time frame, I would have not washed these as much as you did.
Just as an FYI - this is what a pair of Rigid Slim-Straights jeans look like 6 months in after "heavy" wear (4-6 days a week), doing everything (walking dogs, hiking, daily activities..etc), from sun-up to sun-down. They've had 4 washes (inside out) and dry-cleaned twice. This last wash, I also threw them in the dryer on low (they fit so much better in the seat, calves, knees afterwards).

Cooly

Reaction score

There is no way I could have "not" washed them. They smell too bad after 3-4weeks for me personally.

Either I wear them more than most people or other people just have lower olfactory standards.

I do everything - bicycle, hike, walk my dogs, along with the daily grind, I'm very active in them.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

There is no way I could have "not" washed them. They smell too bad after 3-4weeks for me personally.

Either I wear them more than most people or other people just have lower olfactory standards.

I do everything - bicycle, hike, walk my dogs, along with the daily grind, I'm very active in them.

I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you should wash your jeans when they're dirty, they smell bad, &c. The 'don't wash for six months' ethos that Nudie pushes (and other companies parrot) is kind of ridiculous (kind of like sizing down to ball-crushing and movement-constricting levels) and a sure-fire method to develop premature crotch blow-outs.

Jeans look great, btw.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Gonna have to echo the above sentiments: wash your jeans when they're filthy and smelly. Also, I'd recommend a 30-45 minute cold soak before breaking in a new pair. As I understand it, the starch takes away from the longevity of jeans (leads to early blowouts, etc.), and soaking them, even if only for a short amount of time, removes the starch. Now, the counter-argument is that your jeans won't develop the same "sick fades," but I disagree with that, as cold water (I'd soak them in freezing water) will not release or loosen the indigo to the same extent a warm soak or hot soak will. A few brands (3Sixteen being one of them) agree with the pre-wear cold soak, but as always, it's a matter of preference.

Those jeans look great! Would love to see how they look after another 6 months of intense use.

Cooly

Reaction score
We
Gonna have to echo the above sentiments: wash your jeans when they're filthy and smelly. Also, I'd recommend a 30-45 minute cold soak before breaking in a new pair. As I understand it, the starch takes away from the longevity of jeans (leads to early blowouts, etc.), and soaking them, even if only for a short amount of time, removes the starch. Now, the counter-argument is that your jeans won't develop the same "sick fades," but I disagree with that, as cold water (I'd soak them in freezing water) will not release or loosen the indigo to the same extent a warm soak or hot soak will. A few brands (3Sixteen being one of them) agree with the pre-wear cold soak, but as always, it's a matter of preference.

Those jeans look great! Would love to see how they look after another 6 months of intense use.
I'll give it to RRL as far as quality/durability goes. I could have never gone this far with a cheap pair of Levi's or something without the knees or crotch going. These are keeping up very well. I really don't see any signs of imminent damage/blowouts (knock on wood).

I'm wearing the aforementioned jeans as I type ...actually having a RRL day - also sporting the tradesman shirt from this spring I just got from the sale...

I'll try to update again in 3-6 months - hope they last - I'll think about repairs if they don't.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lismore + plaid + rigids

I really wanted to love that jacket. The itchy wool, short length, and high pockets were all deal breakers.

It's such a handsome piece. Nice pick up, man.

jp2k1

Reaction score
I really wanted to love that jacket. The itchy wool, short length, and high pockets were all deal breakers.

It's such a handsome piece. Nice pick up, man.
Thanks man, its a "street" piece so I dont think a more refined wool like you see in their recent peacoat would really work with the vintage look of the cotton moleskin that makes up most of the jacket.

Dino19

Reaction score
Do you guys wear the same size jeans in raw / rigid / one wash & the washed distressed of the same fit?

I'm trying to buy a pair of distressed slim fit but I have no chance of trying & return is also not an option for me because I have to proxy. I only have a pair of one wash.

ANy inputs / comments would be much appreciated.

boxdok

Reaction score
I wear the same size in both raw and washed. I will admit the washed are a little bit slimmer nut its not really noticeable

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. The Houndstooth Williamson Pants and Striped Popover Shirt in my size sold out...

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you should wash your jeans when they're dirty, they smell bad, &c. The 'don't wash for six months' ethos that Nudie pushes (and other companies parrot) is kind of ridiculous (kind of like sizing down to ball-crushing and movement-constricting levels) and a sure-fire method to develop premature crotch blow-outs.

Jeans look great, btw.

Yep, take it from me. I had a great pair of low straights that I had to buckle and wash b/c I would be very active in them and sweat quite a bit (with dancing). They got so bad they absolutely wreaked just after 3-4 months of wear. Freezer wouldn't work. I had to wash in hot wash and air dry in the sun - did this 2 times in 2-3 weeks just to get that stench out. Now, I rarely go a long time b/w washes if I sweat. If I'm just casually using them, sure, I can go 6-8 months without a wash, but many people don't wear them like that.

accent1220

Reaction score
are there any 'worn in' shots of the selvedge RRL chinos? do they develop or fade at all? obviously not to the extent of raw denim, but at all?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads