• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
does anyone know how much the RRL fits have changed in the past several years? what are the odds that they still make this fit that i got secondhand, maybe I just need to go to a bigger RL store to find a similar fit?

So my RRL straight fits, all bought within the last 5 to 10 years, are a size down from where my LVC 501s are.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
does anyone know how much the RRL fits have changed in the past several years? what are the odds that they still make this fit that i got secondhand, maybe I just need to go to a bigger RL store to find a similar fit?
I think RRL fits vary for the same cut based on mysterious unknown factors. Different fabrics/finishes can fit different for same cut in the same season.

Now that the vanity sizing is discussed. I have couple of regular Levi 501 jeans in 31x32 that fit great. some room around the waist. Ample leg room (really a straight fit jeans).

A while back I ordered RRL straight fit jeans in 31x32 which was a lot tighter, both around the waist and the legs. Similarly with the officer chino.

Can it be that the Levi 501 jeans I'm wearing are even more vanity sized?

501 fits also vary a lot. There are like 5 or more LVC 501 cuts, then there are the LM&C, premium, and also the mall lines.

fwedo

Reaction score
Any advice on the cashmere shawl cardigan (in navy)? any sizing advice? should I wear it loose or tight? I think cashmere tends to stretch a bit, doesn't it?
I'm between S and M (178cm and 68kg), I've already tried the S, it was a bit tight...but if it stretches.... on the other side, maybe it's something that can be worn a bit loose?
19372411_43827435_1000.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stag 25% off in case you’re looking for core items otherwise not on sale.

mrbig

Reaction score
Any experience with momotaro jeans?
Tried them on in Tokyo. Construction quality is excellent, on-par if not better than RRL. I prefer the 15.7oz denim they do over the 12oz. Will probably buy a pair of the 405 or 605; the size 36 seems to fit between the RRL Slim Fit size 34 and 36.

Serad

Reaction score
There's another Dutch RRL fan on here, but I forgot his username. I recently visited the Ralph Lauren boutique in Amsterdam and asked them whether they carry RRL. They told me they do and asked me to follow them downstairs. 3 items. Don't bother visiting for RRL or Purple Label. "Tenue Denimes" (boutique clothing store) carries more RRL stuff, but it's overpriced, sometimes more expensive than on ralphlauren.com. Stick to online and take advantage of the sales & cashback rewards :).
I’m also Dutch. Frans Boone also carries some RRL, and if you consider online shopping there are a handful of stockists across Europe. Especially the Germans tend to have the better sales (Breuniger, Loden Frey and Mytheresa, also Searsland in Italy).

To be honest I get most of my things from the US regardless as it’s still cheaper, as long as you make sure you don’t get charged with fees ;)

Trit

Reaction score
I only know RRL by name. Is any of this stuff actually made in the USA? Is there something to look for to find the first world made stuff? Just curious. I did try a couple waffle knits and have to say the fit is excellent. Not too long and not too boxy. The sweater and henley are a slightly different cut but the exact same fabric. I'm happy with them. I'll go decently cowboy in life but most of the brand is too far for me. But it looks cool on other people.
henley 1.jpg

orange rrl.jpg

kurdo

Reaction score
I’m also Dutch. Frans Boone also carries some RRL, and if you consider online shopping there are a handful of stockists across Europe. Especially the Germans tend to have the better sales (Breuniger, Loden Frey and Mytheresa, also Searsland in Italy).

To be honest I get most of my things from the US regardless as it’s still cheaper, as long as you make sure you don’t get charged with fees ;)
I tried ordering from ralphlauren.com's US website, but I was unable to place my order. Not sure why, I think my credit card OR my freight forwarding address is being blocked. I normally don't have any issues using freight forwarding services.

Serad

Reaction score
I tried ordering from ralphlauren.com's US website, but I was unable to place my order. Not sure why, I think my credit card OR my freight forwarding address is being blocked. I normally don't have any issues using freight forwarding services.
I order from the actual retail stores, I do think it should work with a forwarder though otherwise.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A lot of the bigger US retailers blacklist known package forwarder addresses. Other examples being Apple and Google. Need to make friends with some one trustworthy and willing to proxy who lives in a state with no sales tax like Oregon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads