• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Here are some pics.
Question, did you have those hemmed? Also what is the second button down on the fly that's not RRL branded ? The fact that it says "cuth" instead of cut it also suspect... Where did this person ship from?

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Idk too many red flags to me, I'd say they're fake. Here are tags from some of my pairs through the years, all bought at the West Broadway store

20200209_070934.jpg 20200209_070916.jpg 20200209_070859.jpg 20200209_070840.jpg

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
Question, did you have those hemmed? Also what is the second button down on the fly that's not RRL branded ? The fact that it says "cuth" instead of cut it also suspect... Where did this person ship from?
I thought the same thing about the button ! This was shipped from Philadelphia. By the seller olivewho. These were hemmed to a 32 length before I purchased . But never worn. Thinking back now it seems a little suspect. However, the weight / quality of the denim seems like it’s authentic

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
I thought the same thing about the button ! This was shipped from Philadelphia. By the seller olivewho. These were hemmed to a 32 length before I purchased . But never worn. Thinking back now it seems a little suspect. However, the weight / quality of the denim seems like it’s authentic
yeah thats the guy peddling a bunch of fake items on ebay. would definitely try to get my money back if I were you. hes been reported by our users a few times but of course ebay doesn't take action

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
yeah thats the guy peddling a bunch of fake items on ebay. would definitely try to get my money back if I were you. hes been reported by our users a few times but of course ebay doesn't take action
I didn’t realize rrl fakes were a thing. I’ve been watching his items and some of them are very authentic looking. I mean the stitching and the quality of the jeans raises no red flag at all. Or mixing in fakes with authentic stuff? I’m just wondering how someone devotes so much time into faking these items so well.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
What items does he have that are fake?
he always has a plethora of older rare belts that he always resupplies, the buckleback jeans he has now are suspect (look at that selvedge ID) and this abomination posted a few times. that and the fact that tyjordan clearly received fake jeans should say it all, even if he manages to sprinkle in some legit items here and there. I think @urbanwoodsman would happily back me on all this
Capture (1).JPG

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
also feel free to search "RRL Reps" on reddit. it will point you to all the overseas websites you can buy fakes from. so its not just some guy in philly going through the effort of knocking off things in his basement

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
also feel free to search "RRL Reps" on reddit. it will point you to all the overseas websites you can buy fakes from. so its not just some guy in philly going through the effort of knocking off things in his basement
If this were the case. I think we would see an over abundance of fakes flooding through every second hand market place. To replicate the quality of material/stitching/ would be very painstaking and costly!

Lenard

Reaction score
it would be easier to share the ones that aren't legit. I've found ebay for the most part to be reliable for authentic items unless the seller has harder to find items in bulk (usually hong kong), ships from india (leathers may be REAL but not authorized) and some dude in philadelphia i think who has a bunch of fake items.
The Philly guy should be avoided. If you have purchased anything from that seller, I would recommend opening a return for item does not appear to be authentic. It's likely only then will ebay limit this seller from listing RRL.

If ever in doubt when buying new RRL items from someone from ebay, ask for an email receipt or some sort of proof. But it doesn't appear fake RRL runs too rampant on the bay.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads