1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior Member

The picture from Supply and Advise is correct.

2. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior Member

yes

3. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior Member

those are back screen caps of the back

4. oynag

oynag Senior Member

This is a good idea. I call days that end in y.

5. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

Dayum, nice timepiece! The hand engraving of the case is spectacular.

6. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior Member

speaking of watches can any watch aficionados speak on the safari watch inparticular

i love the look but dont know much about movements and stuff and was generally told stay away from fashion brand based watches

how is the quality compared to price point (i believe its like 3k)

7. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior Member

Here you go.

IMG_1991.jpg IMG_1990.jpg

8. stone_goose

stone_goose New Member

Anyone can give festusspurs (ebay seller) contact email? :bored:

9. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

The RL watches seem to be one of the exceptions to the "avoid fashion brands" rule. Looks like the non chronograph models use an ETA/Stelita movement which is a sort of generic but decent commonly used movement and the RL ones are certified chronometers. The chronograph is JLC based which is a high quality movement. I don't know anything the quartz ones.

I've only handled a couple in the flesh and the case work seems good.

I'm a watch snob and wouldn't buy one for myself but I also wouldn't look down my nose at them or anyone that did buy one.

10. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior Member

A few details from limited run high slims. I've wanted these since they were a beams+ exclusive in japan back around May and even got to try them on in Tokyo when I visited, but finally stomached the price thanks to a member on here. Details like this is why i keep buyin. Flattened RRL rivets, half selvedge on the outseam, RRL cowboy button, reinforced back pockets, left hand twill and a slew of other old Lee features. These have the measurements of a slim narrow fit aside from the increased front and back rise

20181011_075121.jpg 20181011_075114.jpg 20181011_075046.jpg 20181011_075027.jpg 20181011_074940.jpg 20181011_074846.jpg 20181011_074821.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 6:59 AM

11. Cooly

Cooly Senior Member

Would love to know how high is high...if you have any desire to post some fit pics...it would be greatly appreciated. Wondering if they fit more like the slim straights from a few years back...or if they fit like slims but higher rise

12. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior Member

more like high as in mid rise, around 10.5" i believe. they fit identical to my slim narrows just with more room on the top block. Thigh, knee and leg opening measure exactly the same. The slim straight was my favorite of the fits, not too tight, not too baggy but alas now they're gone. Will try to take fit pics next time i wear them and have a decent mirror

13. fwedo

fwedo Well-Known Member

I have the safari 45 mm since 2013. Selita movement (not incredible but very reliable and COSC : chronometer certified), saphir glass, and very strong case. I use it as a tool watche (I use to live in tropical countries with many sweat and dust so, it is really used as a tool watche). 5 years after, the watche has no scratches at all and work perfectly. I still really love it (absolutely not bored). Not too shiny, not too attractive, not easily « identifiable ».

Seeing RL watches only as « fashion watches » is a mistake. It’s like seeing RRL jeans only as « fashion clothes ». This is more than that. Watches are very well made by Richemont group (Cartier and co) so, quality and components are pretty high level. Here is mine :
    0C98A8BA-42FA-4C5A-B588-05AD27867E46.jpeg
    And more technical info here : https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/h...-safari-chronometer-live-pics-details-pricing

14. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior Member

its definitely beautiful and it looks like that NATO strap has been holding up really well

15. walds11

walds11 Senior Member

Nice watch! I’ve always been a fan of the Safari Camouflage models, especially the Grande Date one. I’d only get one at a huge discount though.