• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pvoytko

Reaction score
speaking of watches can any watch aficionados speak on the safari watch inparticular

i love the look but dont know much about movements and stuff and was generally told stay away from fashion brand based watches

how is the quality compared to price point (i believe its like 3k)

Ghost01

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen the studded belt with the card suits? I know it exists but it doesn't even pop up on Google images.

Here you go.

IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1990.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
speaking of watches can any watch aficionados speak on the safari watch inparticular

i love the look but dont know much about movements and stuff and was generally told stay away from fashion brand based watches

The RL watches seem to be one of the exceptions to the "avoid fashion brands" rule. Looks like the non chronograph models use an ETA/Stelita movement which is a sort of generic but decent commonly used movement and the RL ones are certified chronometers. The chronograph is JLC based which is a high quality movement. I don't know anything the quartz ones.

I've only handled a couple in the flesh and the case work seems good.

I'm a watch snob and wouldn't buy one for myself but I also wouldn't look down my nose at them or anyone that did buy one.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
A few details from limited run high slims. I've wanted these since they were a beams+ exclusive in japan back around May and even got to try them on in Tokyo when I visited, but finally stomached the price thanks to a member on here. Details like this is why i keep buyin. Flattened RRL rivets, half selvedge on the outseam, RRL cowboy button, reinforced back pockets, left hand twill and a slew of other old Lee features. These have the measurements of a slim narrow fit aside from the increased front and back rise

20181011_075121.jpg 20181011_075114.jpg 20181011_075046.jpg 20181011_075027.jpg 20181011_074940.jpg 20181011_074846.jpg 20181011_074821.jpg

Last edited:

Cooly

Reaction score
A few details from limited run high slims. I've wanted these since they were a beams+ exclusive in japan back around May and even got to try them on in Tokyo when I visited, but finally stomached the price thanks to a member on here. Details like this is why i keep buyin. Flattened RRL rivets, half selvedge on the outseam, RRL cowboy button, reinforced back pockets, left hand twill and a slew of other old Lee features. These have the measurements of a slim narrow fit aside from the increased front and back rise

View attachment 1051021 View attachment 1051022 View attachment 1051023 View attachment 1051024 View attachment 1051025 View attachment 1051026 View attachment 1051027

Would love to know how high is high...if you have any desire to post some fit pics...it would be greatly appreciated. Wondering if they fit more like the slim straights from a few years back...or if they fit like slims but higher rise

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Would love to know how high is high...if you have any desire to post some fit pics...it would be greatly appreciated. Wondering if they fit more like the slim straights from a few years back...or if they fit like slims but higher rise

more like high as in mid rise, around 10.5" i believe. they fit identical to my slim narrows just with more room on the top block. Thigh, knee and leg opening measure exactly the same. The slim straight was my favorite of the fits, not too tight, not too baggy but alas now they're gone. Will try to take fit pics next time i wear them and have a decent mirror

fwedo

Reaction score

I have the safari 45 mm since 2013. Selita movement (not incredible but very reliable and COSC : chronometer certified), saphir glass, and very strong case. I use it as a tool watche (I use to live in tropical countries with many sweat and dust so, it is really used as a tool watche). 5 years after, the watche has no scratches at all and work perfectly. I still really love it (absolutely not bored). Not too shiny, not too attractive, not easily « identifiable ».

Seeing RL watches only as « fashion watches » is a mistake. It’s like seeing RRL jeans only as « fashion clothes ». This is more than that. Watches are very well made by Richemont group (Cartier and co) so, quality and components are pretty high level. Here is mine :
0C98A8BA-42FA-4C5A-B588-05AD27867E46.jpeg
And more technical info here : https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/h...-safari-chronometer-live-pics-details-pricing

pvoytko

Reaction score
I have the safari 45 mm since 2013. Selita movement (not incredible but very reliable and COSC : chronometer certified), saphir glass, and very strong case. I use it as a tool watche (I use to live in tropical countries with many sweat and dust so, it is really used as a tool watche). 5 years after, the watche has no scratches at all and work perfectly. I still really love it (absolutely not bored). Not too shiny, not too attractive, not easily « identifiable ».

Seeing RL watches only as « fashion watches » is a mistake. It’s like seeing RRL jeans only as « fashion clothes ». This is more than that. Watches are very well made by Richemont group (Cartier and co) so, quality and components are pretty high level. Here is mine :
View attachment 1051502
And more technical info here : https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/h...-safari-chronometer-live-pics-details-pricing

its definitely beautiful and it looks like that NATO strap has been holding up really well

walds11

Reaction score

Nice watch! I’ve always been a fan of the Safari Camouflage models, especially the Grande Date one. I’d only get one at a huge discount though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads