• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Leather Congress Workboot? Or seen em in person, tried em on? Just noticed them on the site, pretty sweet looking. Although I can't decide how I feel about the pull tab on the top front.
I've got the congress boots. I really like them but suggest you try them on in store. I had to size down a full size, esp cause they are slip ons and fit me bigger than expected. The tabs on tongue and back are used to slip on, and they do so pretty easily. They also fit nice and secure once inside. The soles are a soft hard rubber that look to last for a long time. The inside is not lined, just wood with heel cushion. However, I've worn them for 2 weeks now in the Cali summer sun and they've been comfortable and surprisingly breathable. All that said, I'm not sure they are worth full retail. I would have been feeling great about them at half the price, but oh well, life goes on.

thehaag

Reaction score
Speaking of the recent fall drop, anyone have this jacket or seen it in person?

jacket.jpg

aquila49

Reaction score
Speaking of sales, Snakeoilprovisions, affectionately dubbed "SOP," has started carrying RRL, and man do they do a good job of hyping even the most lackluster of goods. But good for them -- they've developed a solid following, and it's only sure to grow.

I'll give them props for including photos of someone modeling the clothes. I wish RRL still produced a real lookbook that shows the garments in real-life settings.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Anyone has this jacket? Can I use the sizing info from Mr P for the lighter wash version since the RL site sizing info is completely off? They look identical to me except the wash.

View attachment 819286

Just received this jacket. It looks completely meh. The online pic looks 100x better than IRL. There's no yellowish or brownish hue in the wash. I'm returning it. Way overpriced at $490.

aquila49

Reaction score
Just received this jacket. It looks completely meh. The online pic looks 100x better than IRL. There's no yellowish or brownish hue in the wash. I'm returning it. Way overpriced at $490.

RRL has done this Type II jacket quite a few times. I own two myself! ;) One in rigid denim and another, distressed version that looks similar to the one you bought.

Would you mind posting a photo before you send it back?

RandJG1

Reaction score
looks just like the embroidered versions a year ago or so. Is it any different than those?

styleforumfan

Reaction score
RRL has done this Type II jacket quite a few times. I own two myself! ;) One in rigid denim and another, distressed version that looks similar to the one you bought.

Would you mind posting a photo before you send it back?

The jacket feels very flimsy like those overly processed cheap jeans at discount stores.

P1040684.JPG

P1040685.JPG

aquila49

Reaction score
The jacket feels very flimsy like those overly processed cheap jeans at discount stores.

View attachment 824094

View attachment 824095

Thanks very much!

This one looks a lot like mine from 2015-16. The distressing is similar but the version I own is reasonably heavy—definitely not flimsy. (It's one of my favorite denim jackets.)

BTW, on any given day there are 3-4 RRL Type II jackets for sale on eBay. I don't know your size, but you may be able to find a new or previously owned model that's more substantial for a reasonable price. (Search on "Type 2" as well, or just browse through Coats & Jackets: RRL Denim in your size.) Also, LVC (Levi's Vintage Clothing) has produced many Type II jackets, including a 1953 model in rigid denim.

oceansaway

Reaction score
Speaking of, has anybody seen the Type 3 Cotton Jersey Jacket in person? It looks like a killer version of a '67 Trucker Jacket, but does it feel like denim? What's the difference between jersey and denim?

aquila49

Reaction score
Speaking of, has anybody seen the Type 3 Cotton Jersey Jacket in person? It looks like a killer version of a '67 Trucker Jacket, but does it feel like denim? What's the difference between jersey and denim?

Jersey is a lightweight knit fabric which normally is nothing like denim. Not saying it's crap, but you might want to check out in person. Nearly impossible to judge by the photo at RL.com.

pvoytko

Reaction score
D602B06D525C4EA1B88D7002EC9DC788.jpg E80EEF796F734F14A0328A4057EB976F.jpg

selling this, size large, new without tags. paid 200 for it, would just like to get my money back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads