• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theRRshop

Reaction score
The RRL line, in my mind is Ralphs favorite 'baby' so he will always protect the line at any cost...
we know when the line started it was too expensive and the RRL 'company' purchased back all the unsold stock back from the original buyers, this was Ralphs move to protect the line... at all costs.

Now with Ralph being older.. he will continue to put out RRL in many style directions, not worried about any costs involved... as long as he keeps it some-what limited and harder to get, it works.

In my mind, if the Polo Company SHIP starts to sink, Ralph would rush to save the RRL before all his other brands... including Purple Label.

Ralph only wears the Purple label in public, but when he is home, he wears RRL.

Originally Posted by brianoh
They're experimenting. I know the classic outdoors look is coming in stronger than ever, but they're stretching too thin. Stick to doing the staples well and move on from there. If your jeans that retail for 200+ are selling for ~80, you are incapable of maintaining quality assurance/public's interest. My guess, from a business stand-point, is that they're hemoraging money and rely on their parent company to inject money into them, promising better earnings with the way trends are flowing.

EddieAnthony

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of RRLs the other day. So far, I'm loving them.

8c8afd1b.jpg

05ec7bc4.jpg

39aa7017.jpg

ad5b9e42.jpg

dad0ed0a.jpg

Went TTS in their slim fit.

theRRshop

Reaction score
There is nothing like a pair of RRL jeans, the more you wear them the better they get.
Try wearing them with work boots... that will add to the feeling of comfort.... and the look.
And a cuff wouldn't hurt at all.
BOWERRY_RRL_DOUBLE_RL2008.jpg

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EddieAnthony
Just got my first pair of RRLs the other day. So far, I'm loving them.

dad0ed0a.jpg

Went TTS in their slim fit.

poop pants..

also they wont fit in a few months

ookie

Reaction score
Anyone know why some RRL Low Straight's have double chain stitch for BOTH upper and lower of the waistband and NO hidden rivets? Also, no print of "Woven Japanese Denim" at the inside of right pocket?

Regardless, the denim feels top notch and fairly hairy... a lot of other details remain exact to other cuts.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Just Outlaw. Only thing I wanted was the indian head cardigan and was sold out in my size thanks to the Japanese resellers.

Almost bought this, they had size S in Chicago last week, dunno about now.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ookie
Anyone know why some RRL Low Straight's have double chain stitch for BOTH upper and lower of the waistband and NO hidden rivets? Also, no print of "Woven Japanese Denim" at the inside of right pocket?
I forget what year, but they stopped adding the japanese imprint from the Low Straight a while back. At the same time, they removed the hidden rivets, changed the waistband stitch style (from single bottom to both on top/bottom) as well. Small minor details like triangles in the stitches of the corner of the back pocket in certain corners vs all 3 corners.
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Almost bought this, they had size S in Chicago last week, dunno about now.
Damn, I had a SA check last week and only one was left in S company-wide and was being held. Oh well, more money to save up for end of season sales.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Leer
anybody see things on sale at friends and family? started today...
through weekend? RL sale going on now through 11/8, I believe. I wonder if RRL is included? (more specifically at the Gtown store).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads