• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Really pleased w the goodyear flex, but surprised at how much thicker the leather is on my geos - 2-3x thicker.

interesting my goodyears from 15 are super thick

Two Shoes

Reaction score

I see it without the fur a lot. Somewhere like spence clothing might get them from time to time. Keep an eye out. Also should be another Rick sample sale before summer

Awesome, thank you, I will keep my eye out. Much appreciated!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@thekunk07 just curious what shirts do you pair with rick ****? Not referring to the $400 rick Ts, looking for something as a knock off

i think i only own rick tees and sweaters or what pass for rick dress shirts

seikonation04

Reaction score
Anyone have any interest in a black high neck brushed pig leather (looks and feels similar to a very soft suede) intarsia from "Plinth"? If so i can get measurements/ pics etc... PM me.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone have any interest in a black high neck brushed pig leather (looks and feels similar to a very soft suede) intarsia from "Plinth"? If so i can get measurements/ pics etc... PM me.

Size would help decision :p

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
anyone know the difference between the mainline "oversized tee" and the drkshdw "jumbo tee"? They look pretty same to me at least in terms of cut...both are 100% cotton...hard to tell texture/weight looking at pics of black tees

On another note, any tee materials to look for or avoid? I prefer all cotton but open to trying other fabrics.

nedzo

Reaction score
Hi guys, been lurking for a while, read this whole thread

Can anyone offer insight into how the uppers of mainline Ramones change over time?

I'd like to know :

-how much will the leather upper soften? I found DRKSHDW Ramones significantly more comfortable to wear out of the box, but that might be due to the insoles that come inside

-with leather like this, do you think it would be prone to cracking over time? It's from SS17 and has the code: RU17S9890LCALP

Store pics of this model:

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shoppin...id=9026&from=1&rnkdmnly=1&ffref=lp_pic_13_39_
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/rick-owens/black-distressed-high-top-sneakers/1777323
https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens...ap-toe-leather-high-top-sneakers/789298?ppv=2

I have the pair from those links and the leather is very stiff and dry out of the box, and I'd like to know how you guys think that may change with wear. I'm totally cool with distressing but I'd prefer it to not start flaking.

Not Ready

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the FW16 Creeper boots fit? I am a 42.5 in Geobaskets. Wanted to go 42, but went out of stock. Will 42.5 be OK? Thanks!
Quote:

OK, so the boots arrived. eqqy, you were right on the money. Length wise I would say they might actually be a tiny tiiiiny bit shorter than the Geos. Happy I went with the 42.5 though, as the shaft is narrow (or I should actually skip leg day, despite what everyone is saying). I initially had trouble closing the side snap and there was a whole lot of vertical space. Luckily, I had an extra pair of insoles from a pair of Lunarepics, which delivered three benefits: better vertical space, just enough rise to make them close OK, plus a plushier ride. Hope it helps! PS: look amazing on feet.

eqqy

Reaction score
Hi guys, been lurking for a while, read this whole thread

Can anyone offer insight into how the uppers of mainline Ramones change over time?

I'd like to know :

-how much will the leather upper soften? I found DRKSHDW Ramones significantly more comfortable to wear out of the box, but that might be due to the insoles that come inside

-with leather like this, do you think it would be prone to cracking over time? It's from SS17 and has the code: RU17S9890LCALP

Store pics of this model:

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shoppin...id=9026&from=1&rnkdmnly=1&ffref=lp_pic_13_39_
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/rick-owens/black-distressed-high-top-sneakers/1777323
https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens...ap-toe-leather-high-top-sneakers/789298?ppv=2

I have the pair from those links and the leather is very stiff and dry out of the box, and I'd like to know how you guys think that may change with wear. I'm totally cool with distressing but I'd prefer it to not start flaking.

AFAIK that leather is new for SS17 and so it hasn't had a chance to get battle tested yet. It's either treated in some way to give it the wrinkles and distressing, or there's a tiny chance it is deer which also had that appearance. Either way, they aren't going to be quite a durable as normal calf. I know the deer rams could rip. You could try conditioning them some to help loosen em up if they seem especially dry.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok so its been raining in Sf so i haven't worn much leathers thats why this jacket is still with tags but here are some pics.

Calf Intarsia SS17

album here http://imgur.com/a/lECrm

lmk if i should put any other pics on sf...

AB77

Reaction score
Nice, I have the same one from SS15. Is yours thick leather? looks like grained leather to me, mine is smooth & lightweight.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice, I have the same one from SS15.  Is yours thick leather? looks like grained leather to me, mine is smooth & lightweight.

Thick, heavier then my hidden hood lamb stooges from plinth season, not as heavy as my heavy calf stooges.

Ranger44

Reaction score
I needed some help. How does the Mastadon hightops fit? Im a 11 in geo's and Ramones, should I get the same size? farfetch is saying to size up

Also I noticed the SS17 version is calf and the fw16 is cow leather with half lining calf. Is there reason to prefer either or on this particular shoe? Thanks.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads