• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

eloquent

Reaction score
Hows the footwear this season? Have they improved from Cyclops? Can't seem to find anything regarding this. First season I got into Rick, picked up the combat boots, geobaskets and high ramones.. Quality seems good enough, was the quality better in previous seasons?

xEnvy

Reaction score
Was in Paris over the weekend and got to check out the store there - really nice setup and seemed to have a bit more variety than the London store.

CH03

Reaction score
Is there a notable difference in the "wrinkling" between DL tees with the straight hem vs. those with the asymmetrical hem? I read earlier ITT that the effect is produced by the materials and is not totally dependent on the seam...

Last edited:

seikonation04

Reaction score
Pants over geos is ghastly. Lots of different pants work very well with geos, but all of them tucked into the shoe.

I have worn some distressed/baggy jogger type pants (think 11 by BBS track pants) as well as tights and pod shorts. Jeans with appropriate proportions work very well also I have found

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
I've only worn tapered sweatpants and cropped sweatpants (wider hem, dropped crotch) with geos :/ Tapered jeans are fine too but I almost never wear jeans these days.

15charcters

Reaction score
Ok, I'll ask again.

I'm looking into getting a Rick leather. I'm either going to get an '09 crust intarsia in xs or a '09 high neck geo in an S.

I weigh 120, and am 5'10.

Which jacket do you think would fit better? I like the geo more myself but I'm afraid it'll be too big.

Also, stylistically, what exactly are the differences berween the geo and the intarsia? I very much like the look of the geo in this: http://m.imgur.com/4pgW50Q photo. Would something similar be acheviable with the intarsia?

Last edited:

JayFS

Reaction score
Intarsia and geo jackets have similar silhouette and the same funnel neck design. The geo has more details (e.g. zippers and extra pockets) and a wider neck which gives it a more aggressive look.

Can't go wrong with either jacket in oiled calf or hammered lamb.

Last edited:

seikonation04

Reaction score
can't go wrong with either, especially from Crust! I have a crust intarsia and a crust bauhaus and they are my favorite leather jackets. Quality of the leather from that season is just so much better than some of the other Rick seasons I have.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rick folks, what are opinions of the moody Geo vs regular geo? I honestly don't mind the zip on other side and that metal latch on back, looks kind of neat or is it too gimmicky

Moody version (leather strap has to go!!!)

eloquent

Reaction score
Rick folks, what are opinions of the moody Geo vs regular geo? I honestly don't mind the zip on other side and that metal latch on back, looks kind of neat or is it too gimmicky

I have the cyclops ss16 geos, and I do like the leather strap. I have had a few people comment on the metal latch, although they are coherent with a pair of combat boots that I got from the same season I do something dislike them, but at the same time do like the added visual detail on the back of the shoes. I use the latch to take of my shoes after unzipping sometimes as a sort of leverage. I would have liked the zip to be on the other side, but do like how the leather strap add a layer of design, as if to replace the white line that has been removed.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have the cyclops ss16 geos, and I do like the leather strap. I have had a few people comment on the metal latch, although they are coherent with a pair of combat boots that I got from the same season I do something dislike them, but at the same time do like the added visual detail on the back of the shoes. I use the latch to take of my shoes after unzipping sometimes as a sort of leverage. I would have liked the zip to be on the other side, but do like how the leather strap add a layer of design, as if to replace the white line that has been removed. 

thanks man... i'd probably cut the leather strap, but the rest of the geo looks cool to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads