• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your boy, Slim. Demico looked like he had good side control, but slipped attempting to transition to mount and got reversed in a scramble. If it's any consolation, Schaub is probably one of the best fighters in the house -- his ground defense was excellent.

Rashad looked like he was pouring it on a bit thick with the whole "I care about all the fighters in the house, even the ones not on my team" bit. Did Demico say that accurately reflected what happened?

Brian SD

Reaction score
He's probably being punished by the power of editing for the sake of ratings. This season is very obviously a good guy vs. bad guy season.

Sorry about the fight, TS. He really did look good out there, though. The first professional showing on this run of the series, no doubt.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, that was BY FAR the best fight so far, from both fighters. I know Demico's your buddy, Slim, and I agree he was doing well, but that was one hell of an anaconda. Just about perfectly executed. He made a momentary mistake in leaving his head and neck exposed inside the arm like that, but once it was in, I just couldn't see him getting out. The moment Shaub started turning, I knew it would take a miracle to get him out. Not many top-level guys would have escaped that one.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Demico.jpg

Plz excuse the sloppy face, I was down about three G+T at this moment and was deep in the throes of emotional turmoil.

Holy ****, dude! You're black???

tounge.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rampage is a *************. He went out to get food and arrived 5 minutes before the fight and just left him after he lost like that? I used to hate Rashad because I thought he was a cocky douchebag, but he seems like a really down to Earth chilled out guy. Much like Tito was as a coach.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's ahrd to say really how these guys are in real life.

I haven't watched the fight yet but I look forward to watching it.

TS- who does your boy trian with??? I am sure if he has connections now but if he wants to train out east for a while we have a super soild camp and our west coast alliance is strong as well.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
TS- who does your boy trian with??? I am sure if he has connections now but if he wants to train out east for a while we have a super soild camp and our west coast alliance is strong as well.
Currently he's training with Mark Messer at Ring Sports United. And has at least rolled locally with all the "big guys" up here. So far I've heard for the future, Greg Jackson for sure and maybe Couture have offered/talked to him as well as people in CA and etc. Demico said he wants to learn from anyone he can. He's probably going to travel around and do time with everyone.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher

Holy ****, dude! You're black???

tounge.gif

only my soul

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TS- that's good to hear.
My camp trains with some guys in the UFC now. Ryan BJJ is sick and has amazing connections.
Our stand up is crazy legit.
If he wants to come out we will take good care of him.

Lendo

Reaction score
Good fight from both guys last night. Rampage and his "coaches" are real pieces of **** for not being there for Demico before the fight. His one slip up was the attempted transition to mount, other than that he looked great and seemed to be in total control. I'm sure he'll go on to do great things in mma.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Sorry about your boy, Slim. Demico looked like he had good side control, but slipped attempting to transition to mount and got reversed in a scramble. If it's any consolation, Schaub is probably one of the best fighters in the house -- his ground defense was excellent.

Rashad looked like he was pouring it on a bit thick with the whole "I care about all the fighters in the house, even the ones not on my team" bit. Did Demico say that accurately reflected what happened?

Good coaches I've trained with have widely varying opinions on mount position. It is clearly a dominant position, but submissions from mount (without transitioning out of mount), are sort of limited, and expose openings for escapes. For example, if you transition to an arm bar directly from mount, there are several opportunities for your opponent to roll into you (and leave you in guard) before you have straightened out your hips. If you bully grip a mounted opponent in the transition to armbar, you leave an opening for your opponent to roll out into a scramble. Eddie Bravo talked about this, and he has some interesting submissions from the gangster roll mount position, but some of those submissions require crazy flexibility in order to do without compromising your base. Of course, in MMA, there is always the option of GnP from mount, which used to be pretty much the end of the fight, but nowadays, even novice fighters know enough to slip out the back. You could mount slightly lower, which takes away the backdoor option, but you are also not as able to GNP, and your opponent can clinch you up easier. And of course, if you mount too low and haven't snaked out his hips and legs so that he has no leverage, he could reverse you or snake out into guard.

All this to go to say that Randy's camp may be a good camp for Demico. It would take advantage of his wrestling background, there are plenty of big guys to work with, and he'd probably learn the beauty of working from side control and half guard. On the flip side, I've heard second-hand that the camp is brutal and that guys get injured regularly, sometimes to the point that they have to take time off. Not going to criticize Randy Couture, but that's not something that I'd want.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
This is an interesting turn: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Fresh off of his quick ring exit.

Man I really want Forrest to win here but his head is not in the game at the moment, getting destroyed by Anderson Silva seems to have really taken it out of him. I saw him in an interview recently where he just kept dumping on himself, was kinda sad. Plus he might be psyched out from Ortiz beating him years ago. Especially after Ortiz trash talking Coleman, oh man I want him to lose very badly. It is pretty short notice overall for Forrest, hopefully he comes out on top with this.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm guessing that fight won't be a barn-burner, but who knows?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Rampage is a *************. He went out to get food and arrived 5 minutes before the fight and just left him after he lost like that? I used to hate Rashad because I thought he was a cocky douchebag, but he seems like a really down to Earth chilled out guy. Much like Tito was as a coach.

I pinged a friend who worked camera on TUF 10, and his take was that Rampage doesn't care either way how his fighters fared - he's just focused on his fight with Rashad. Apparently it's not just editing.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I pinged a friend who worked camera on TUF 10, and his take was that Rampage doesn't care either way how his fighters fared - he's just focused on his fight with Rashad. Apparently it's not just editing.

I read an interview not too long ago where Rampage totally regreted the way he was the first time he was a coach on TUF and vowed to really change and invest time and effort into being a coach. Only words I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads