• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

theRuphio

Reaction score
Ahh..my apologies. The store clerk told me these were 1947s but after reading the letter in the pocket it came with, it's actually 1955s. I'm wearing them right now and will take a pic of them when I get home.

gululv

Reaction score
Is the fit of the Levis 501 XX consistent? I have one pair, but I bought it from a friend and do not know what exact model (year) it is. But the fit is the best I've had and the quality good too. I'm thinking about getting another pair.

gululv

Reaction score
Oh yes, apparently it's 1933 I own. So I wonder if the other "years" fit the same as this?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yes, apparently it's 1933 I own. So I wonder if the other "years" fit the same as this?

No - the whole point of designating the years is to designate different fits. They'll fit very differently compared to your '33s

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one of the models has the highest rise? 1944? I have 1966 and the rise is lower than I would like, it was good before I soak it but has shrunk a bit. While I think overall fit has improved after soaking, rise is a bit low than I prefer.

tsekh

Reaction score

Which one of the models has the highest rise? 1944? I have 1966 and the rise is lower than I would like, it was good before I soak it but has shrunk a bit. While I think overall fit has improved after soaking, rise is a bit low than I prefer.

With my experience with 47, 54, 66 and 67 (505), I would rank, in terms of rise highness, 47~67 > 54 > 66, the 66 being the one with the lowest rise. Even though the 66 has the lowest rise among them, the butt and thigh in the 66 is also the most roomy.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would probably agree that the '47 wins here - given it's overall slim silhouette, it's exaggerated even moreso.

tsekh

Reaction score

With my experience with 47, 54, 66 and 67 (505), I would rank, in terms of rise highness, 47~67 > 54 > 66, the 66 being the one with the lowest rise. Even though the 66 has the lowest rise among them, the butt and thigh in the 66 is also the most roomy.

Just try on my jeans again, I should revise my previous comment about the rise. It should be 47 > 67 ~ 54 > 66.

tsekh

Reaction score
Hm... weird. According to levisvintageclothing.com, both 47 and 54 are made with 12oz cone denim, and they become 14oz after wash. Both my 47 and 54 have gotten one wash, and the 47 feels noticeably thicker.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I'll just try 47, 54 and 55. Too bad there are no places to try them all on. Well, at least where I am.

tsekh

Reaction score

Thanks, I guess I'll just try 47, 54 and 55. Too bad there are no places to try them all on. Well, at least where I am.

what kind of fit are you looking for, beside the rise? 47, 54 and 55 fit rather differently

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the fit of 66 after soak, If 47 is too slim, it may not work for me. 66 was too baggy before soak but has shrunk a good amount. I don't want too slim of a fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads