• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Najee D.

Reaction score
Crazy...we've had a bunch of guys come in and try on 1947 501s and pretty much all of them decided to size up. And these guys ran the gamut of "average" build, short & skinny, tall & muscular and everything in between. Who knows, maybe the guys we had come in just can't get over that initial tight around the waist phase. Are you fellas accounting for assumed shrinkage post-wash or soak?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The conversation started from a discussion about the washed denim. For raws, definitely sizing up. Washed tts is usually fine - no?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I went TTS in the raws and they were fine... :embar:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my stuff in today. Sized up one on the 1954 501z, fit is perfect. Sized up two (1ish tag really) on the 1967 505 and it fits fine, maybe a tad big in the waist.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my stuff in today. Sized up one on the 1954 501z, fit is perfect. Sized up two (1ish tag really) on the 1967 505 and it fits fine, maybe a tad big in the waist.

This is good to know as I determined my next LVC is the '54 501z. How is the cut overall compared to the '47?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
roomier top block and very tapered leg. Not as flattering on me as the 47, but a nice quirky fit that is much more comfortable. I don't recommend wearing them slouchy as it gives a pretty big diaper ass look, so get the longer inseam.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect sizing up is necessary then, just as you confirmed - my '47s were just about as tight as a straight leg should be in the thigh.

styless

Reaction score
How much does the LVC 47 stretch? I was told it would stretch an inch around the waist. I got 29, which is a little tight. A little stretch would be perfect.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hi guys
i have a pair of LVC xx 55's which i love, but i have a fair bit of weight and the jeans are now saggy. i'm not sure if i can stomach shellign out more cash for another pair so just wondering if you guys can recommend which line of raw 501s to buy -which are the next best thing...

perhaps i'll get another pair of LVCs but just hoping there are cheaper options!

thanks a lot

newbiealden

Reaction score
Question for the team here - i just ordered a pair of LVC 1947 501s from Gilt (in "ruffed" color); two quetions

1) I assume these are first quality items (never purchased from gilt before)?; i'm worried that they are some lower quality version - anyone with past experience that can comment woudl be greatly appreciated

2) on gilt's sight they say they are made in the united states - can someone confirm that "washed" lvc can be made in the US - i read someplace else that all "washed" LVCs were made in turkey (i call gilt customer service and they said they were made in the US)

thanks!

lovelux2010

Reaction score
just posted an LVC for sale on EBAY if anyone interested...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261077298137#ht_500wt_1156

posting below:
evis Vintage Clothing shirt in a size Medium. Worn only once in the house. Condition is "like new" but with no tags. The shirt has been washed once in a cold wash in a gentle cycle by itself.

The shirt was purchased last year from Tres Bien Shop in Sweden who are an official LVC retailer. I am selling the shirt as it is large on me. It is a gorgeous shirt to wear with vintage US or Japenese denim..

100% cotton, made in Turkey.

SHIPPING
I will ship to the UK via the post office. Buyer pays shipping. I will ship to the US, again, buyer pays the shipping on the shirt.

RETURNS
I will not accept returns on this item so please ensure you are confident about sizing before you buy.

FEEDBACK
I wish to keep my 100% positive feedback so please give me the chance to settle any issues you have.

Thanks and happy bidding!"

lovelux2010

Reaction score
on another note..
went to LVC in London today off Carnaby street..
wanted to get a 29x32 in the 55' but they don't carry anything smaller then a 30 frustratingly..
anyone know any good sellers that would have smaller sizes?

Najee D.

Reaction score

Question for the team here - i just ordered a pair of LVC 1947 501s from Gilt (in "ruffed" color);  two quetions

1) I assume these are first quality items (never purchased from gilt before)?;  i'm worried that they are some lower quality version - anyone with past experience that can comment woudl be greatly appreciated

2) on gilt's sight they say they are made in the united states - can someone confirm that "washed" lvc can be made in the US - i read someplace else that all "washed" LVCs were made in turkey  (i call gilt customer service and they said they were made in the US)

thanks!

Just to answer your question. We've got a few pairs of the washed LVC 1947 501 and 1954 501z in store now (Remember Me & Phantom Wash, respectively). Both pair are in fact made in Turkey, while the 1954 501z Phantom is noted as being washed & finished in Italy. I doubt you were given a lower quality version from Gilt, as I imagine they would have made this clear to you before purchasing.

On another note, we've got some SS12 pieces up to 60% off right now and rigid 1954 & 1947 (these two not posted on our site) at 50% off. Pretty good deals if anyone is interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads