• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Hit up Manhattan Beach Post tonight. It was really awesome.

Maple Bacon Buttermilk Biscuit, Braised short ribs and the charred brussel sprouts were the highlights. it was all good stuff though. Definitely going to hit it up frequently.

also had some green beens, skirt steak, braised lamb, diver scallops, vietnamese style braised pork jowl.

If a bunch of us on here said mbp was good prior to you going you probably would have said you hated it.

Last edited:

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6664752463_be0e422503_z.jpg

Brent's Deli in Northridge for their Black Pastrami Rueben. really good, nice service, lots of people waiting (about 20 minutes). I think I like Langer's pastrami better but this was really good.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I need to get to Langer's soon. It's been a few months and I'm starting to jones.

ysb

Reaction score
Couple of places I hit up this week:

Freddy Smalls Bar and Kitchen on Pico in West LA. I believe the owner's the same as The Counter
small plates American food with little twists.
For example, they serve a chicken parm that seems to be made of braised pulled dark chicken that's formed into a large croquette and then served with marinara and cheese on top.
also had a fried brussel sprouts dish, a sampler of their house charcuterie, braised lamb with gnocchi, and for dessert a waffle with grilled apples, bourbon syrup I believe, and bacon butter.
Everything is priced slightly higher than I would have liked (the gnocchi dish was pretty small and $18), and a lot of their dishes had a noticeable sweet element to them.
Would absolutely return for the waffle, and probably only that.

Also tried Hollywood Pies tonight too. Tried their spinach, a pepperoni, and their traditional Chicago sausage pizza. The sausage pizza was solid. If you've read about this place for pickup they don't have a storefront, you call them when you're there (after you've phoned in your order) and then they bring out the pizza to your car. I heard the last location was shady, but this one was okay. I think the owner brought us our pies. He mentioned that he's working on opening up a kitchen in West LA and will serve delivery to the whole west side. If you're into Chicago style pizza, it's pretty legit. He said that 70% of his customers are Chicago transplants. it's nice to have the option in the area, although I don't crave Chicago style all of the time.

Xhale12

Reaction score
Any in LA who would possibly be interested in helping start in online clothing boutique, send me a PM.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the Fred Segal santa monica sale starts?

Last edited:

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know when the Fred Segal santa monica sale starts?

Presale starts Thurs night, actual sale starts Friday at 50% off at both locations

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how late is "night"?

I think they normally close at 7pm in santa monica location, so before 7? You can call for more info.

Anyhow, any idea for good Valentine restaurant in LA/santa monica/venice area or even torrance area? I personally like the Lobster in Santa Monica, but would like to hear some ideas. Thanks!

rosenkruez

Reaction score

I think they normally close at 7pm in santa monica location, so before 7? You can call for more info.
Anyhow, any idea for good Valentine restaurant in LA/santa monica/venice area or even torrance area? I personally like the Lobster in Santa Monica, but would like to hear some ideas. Thanks!

If you like wine and seasonal food, Vinoteque on Melrose is one of the best restaurants I've ever been. Great ambiance and they know how to pair wine with food, unlike most of expensive restaurants which don't know a thing about pairing. Plus, it's not that expensive, a lot cheaper than lobster or other "luxurious" restaurants. (Although if I want a lobster, I'd go to the lobster in Santa Monica in a heartbeat.)

Xhale12

Reaction score
Quick question. I just bought a place in Studio city, a block south of ventura boulevard. Has anyone lived in this part of LA? What have your experiences been in or around that area?

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Nana San in OC today, good little place, definitely recommend it for some fresh sushi

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads