• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official "I hate the Japanese" thread

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I'm tired of reading about it elsewhere in the forum.

Originally Posted by Eason
We should drop another nuke on the Japs to teach them to respect life.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Because I'm tired of reading about it elsewhere in the forum.

What's the matter? Somebody give you a kancho?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter

He would enjoy a kancho. I think he's jealous of the forum members who are teaching Engrish and getting tails in Land of the Rising Sun.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter

I think he didn't get invited to "nyotaimori" on New Year's Eve.
frown.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
He would enjoy a kancho. I think he's jealous of the forum members who are teaching Engrish and getting tails in Land of the Rising Sun.
In that combination who else but Brian are you talking about?
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I think he didn't get invited to "nyotaimori" on New Year's Eve.
frown.gif

Gaijin rarely do... and with all the talk of eating/preserving whales, I;m not sure I would want to go to one to be honest... I have seen some "whales" round here.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Gaijin rarely do... and with all the talk of eating/preserving whales, I;m not sure I would want to go to one to be honest... I have seen some "whales" round here.

I'm sure rachel could finagle you a nantaimori invite.

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Is this a whaling issue? I have a general dislike of Japanese because they are so discriminatory of foreigners in their country. Yet they can do as they like in places like America and Europe, because these countries do not have as racist of societies, and Japanese are held in such high esteem. It's an extreme imbalance that they continue to take advantage of.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Is this a whaling issue? I have a general dislike of Japanese because they are so discriminatory of foreigners in their country. Yet they can do as they like in places like America and Europe, because these countries do not have as racist of societies, and Japanese are held in such high esteem. It's an extreme imbalance that they continue to take advantage of.

Sort of like Mexico and how it treats non-Mexicans?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

Really? I never knew that about Mexico. The more countries you visit and people you interact with, you find that America is among the least insular.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always found Mexicans in Mexico to be very friendly. Sure one guy spat at me, but when I told him I was English not from the US he apologised profusely. Also, I do not hate the Japenese. When travelling in Japan people were friendly. A family in Tokyo let us stay with them for a week and took us all over the place to see things on the strength of one the guys I was travelling with (japenese but raised in the UK) mothers having been at university with her. This had been arranged before hand, and we took gifts, but the lengths to which they went to ensure we had a good stay were fantastic. However with brown hair and glasses at the height of the mania being called "Halli Potter" by people in the street wore thin fairly fast.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
I always found Mexicans in Mexico to be very friendly. Sure one guy spat at me, but when I told him I was English not from the US he apologised profusely.

I was talking about things like property ownership. There are large restrictions on foreigners owning property in Mexico. Can you imagine the hue and cry if the US restricted non-citizens from buying a house is much of the country?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was talking about things like property ownership. There are large restrictions on foreigners owning property in Mexico. Can you imagine the hue and cry if the US restricted non-citizens from buying a house is much of the country?
actually i think they only treat tourists that way, as a resident you can bacislly do anything a citizen can besides vote and run for office. iam nto sure which tracks of lad are off lmitis for foreigners, but form personal experience i have had nto had any probelm with buying various types.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads