***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Feb 20, 2012.

1. apparition

apparition Senior member

Correct. Straight leg = 21cm. and yeah, the prices have been steadily increasing over the years :/

DH is all about the cut. Then again, you also need a certain physique for it. It isn't for everyone, I think.

2nd from the right are APC NCs. Diors have the very distinctive darting on the rear.

2. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

This is bizarre. I'm thinking the sizing has changed more recently as I tried last season's 19cm raw MIJs in sz 28 and they were slightly loose on me...I can't button the top botton on 27 APC PS :puzzled:

Anyone have pics of faded black MIJs? I curious but can't seem to find any...

Useful sizing info: 19cm MIJ raws have the same hem measurements as 17.5cm prewashed pairs of the same size

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

3. Stillblade

Stillblade Senior member

Dior Dior galore, I love the cut!

Man if I wasn't so broke I'd have like 10 pairs of 19cms. Perfect jean. My pair of "Monday's Off" practically made my eyes watery when I tried them on for the first time. :worship2:

Is there anything cut like the 19cm for like, sub-$200?

4. apparition

apparition Senior member

It could be possible that the sizing has changed. I tried MIJs in size 26 2-3 years back and it was WAY too tight (couldn't do a single button) and size 28 was way too loose. I tried APC PS in size 25 a few months ago was way too tight too--couldnt do any buttons. It would be interesting to get others' input on this.

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Great information guys.

I get my Diors at the boutique in NYC. I was at Saks recently in NYC and they did have DH raws, but the smallest size was 29.

I ended up getting the raw MIJ, size 28. The guys at the boutique told me size down 1 unless I plan on wearing them every day (I don't since I have about 6 jeans in rotation). I could barely close the top button but now they just feel tight not painful. On a positive note, they're the least expensive DH jeans at about $430, IIRC.

I also ended up getting the classic, DH black suit (didn't have a black suit in my wardrobe). It's a skinny cut with a very large drop which is great. I feel like a million bucks with it on. I'm only 5'6" so was worried it'd look too long but the 46 fit me like a glove. Fully canvassed, etc.

I also tried the "slim" suits, which is the newer creation. Interestingly, they have a boxy look to them, and my arms bulged a bit on them in the 46 and the 48 was too big so I was out of luck there. I prefer the classic Heidi cut, anyway.

6. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

^pics of all pls.
    also how do you find the dh compares in terms of fit with your ps?

7. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

New Cure

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Definitely will do. I have a 17.5cm MIJ (not raw) that is about equivalent with my raw PS (i size down one for PS). I'd say the standard, 19cm but, is a little different...as the guy above said, probably more like NC but I don't have experience with that. I love APC and all but the prewashed Diors is a league ahead in overall "look" in my book.

9. apparition

apparition Senior member

10. palma

palma Senior member

Anywhere to get waxed models stateside? Who carries an extensive collection of Dior Homme denim other than luisaviaroma?

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Dior @ Las Vegas.

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

13. DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral Senior member

The boutique in the Wynn for sure has the wax denim. I was just there at the beginning of January and they had them.

14. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

15. palma

palma Senior member

Cool Thanks for letting me know. Would Barneys of Bergdorf carry them as well. Sorry, I don't live near any of the big ones.