• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official "Designer" discussion thread

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I think nn had the dior 4 pocket I want me some Raf SS02 & 03 stuff.
Not exactly the most exciting stuff in the world, but beggars can't be choosers when they're 8 years late to the game http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RAF-SIMO...s_Dress_Shirts http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RAF-SIMO...S_CSA_MC_Pants http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RAF-SIMO...S_CSA_MC_Pants http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RAF-SIMO...S_CSA_MC_Pants http://cgi.ebay.com/RAF-SIMONS-A-W-0...S_CSA_MC_Pants

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That just reminded me. I need to acquire a second pair of the Raf Zipper Boots, mine have seen better years in their lifetime.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I'm sure there is a pair for sale on sufu. Probably traded hands 100 times by now, but hey what can you do...

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Bump this thread to the first page.

Also, nice find Kit. I'm watching the Rafs sidezip grays.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
if you could revive one label that died in the last few years, which would it be...

I few months ago it would have been Helmut easily, but I think I would rather have Veronique back. Feel somewhat traitorous saying that.

Hmm, this actually made me think:

My main answer would be Helmut Lang...definitely.

However, your mention of Branquinho made me realize how many of the best from the second wave of Belgian designers have disappeared into obscurity (Jurgi Persoons / Lieve Van Gorp) or are not doing much (Branquinho / Bruno Pieters is "resting" his label / Olivier Theyskens designs for Theory).

Anyways, I would like to see Plokhov (Cloak) back as well. Geller doesn't really do it for me.

Oh, and I want Maurizio Altieri (Carpe Diem) to return full-force.

And finally, for some reason that I can't quite pinpoint, I don't really care that much whether Hedi Slimane ever comes back...

mickey711

Reaction score
Seconding Helmut Lang. I wish I could go back to the 90's and buy Lang when it was still good. The quality of their clothing has really gone downhill in recent years.

Regarding Dior, I kind of like S/S 2010 but would prefer it if Nicholas Andreas Taralis was heading the brand instead. It's quite hard to get NAT stuff anywhere, and he's a way better designer than KVA.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cant stand KVA stuff, I have no idea why people throw the <3 <3's on the sneaks.

mickey711

Reaction score
I have to agree, I'm not really fond of KVA sneakers. I like a few of the designs, but most are kinda wack, especially the ones with velcro straps. Saw them in person the other day, and the quality's pretty mediocre compared to other designer sneakers.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, so good.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Raf is the izzle.

"Yo Dawg It's RaF Simons, Motherfucker we got belgian flares n ****"

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kva is awesome the same way costume national is awesome... I'm not yet convinced of KvA's 'vision' or what have you, but the quality of the clothing is great, way better than costume and some of the best I've handled.

Re: Helmut, a few years ago I would be all over the phantom garments (had a few of them, too), but I feel old and ****, just want simple ****. I dunno, it's a toss-up between him, veronique, and oldskool raf

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Cloak is an obvious one, I am still going to +1 Helmut Lang era Helmut Lang. Although I guess I should say McQueen now... we'll see if it's dead by SS.
pun.

mickey711

Reaction score
I really like what Italo Zuchelli's doing for Calvin Klein Collection. The past few collections have been pretty strong - tastefully minimalist clothing that's made with fabrics that are technical or have interesting textures.
calvin-klein-blazer-0810-lg-96051990.jpg
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads