The Official "Designer" discussion thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Mar 12, 2010.

1. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Bumping this up

What's on the FW10 kop lists?

Wasn't too happy about S/S2010. Only grabbed 4 things...

Jil F/W has some pretty good stuff.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Just to hopefully spark some discussion, if you had to pick who would you pick, Dior Homme or Jil Sander?

When it comes to jeans, Dior seems to got it on lock, probably sneakers too since I do not see much from Jil Sander in that department. Everything else is up in the air.

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Wearing Rick Owens tops makes you want to work out and not have any body fat. Also it seems like RO is harder to incorporate into cheaper outfits and should be worn with more RO.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

^all part of the scam

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Just to hopefully spark some discussion, if you had to pick who would you pick, Dior Homme or Jil Sander? When it comes to jeans, Dior seems to got it on lock, probably sneakers too since I do not see much from Jil Sander in that department. Everything else is up in the air.
    Slimane-era Dior. Jil has knits on lock, but Raf doesn't really do as much experimental/conceptual designer stuff (nor does KVA, for that matter) and I don't know much about pre-Raf Jil

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I'd be more than satisfied with having a completely Jil Sander wardrobe, with the exception of footwear.

7. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Jil Sander by Jil Sander, easily.

a better question,

if you could revive one label that died in the last few years, which would it be...

I few months ago it would have been Helmut easily, but I think I would rather have Veronique back. Feel somewhat traitorous saying that.

8. DLester

DLester Senior member

I'd be more than satisfied with having a completely Jil Sander wardrobe, with the exception of footwear.

yes except I can't find a jil leather that is right for me

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

yes except I can't find a jil leather that is right for me
    I actually like some of the Jil Sander leather jackets, especially the one NN has ( I think it was Jil Sander, could be Dior though). I was actually hoping to find these in a size 36 this past season. [​IMG]
    Makes some nice, simple dress shoes but then again so does Dior. It's like their shoes are made by the same company even.

10. snake

snake Senior member

I think nn had the dior 4 pocket

I want me some Raf SS02 & 03 stuff.

11. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

Jil has knits on lock, but Raf doesn't really do as much experimental/conceptual designer stuff (nor does KVA, for that matter) and I don't know much about pre-Raf Jil

imo KVA SS2010 was pretty conceptual and fucking epic. Wish I had the $$$ to buy a complete outfit or two just for fun.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Jil Sander by Jil Sander, easily.

a better question,

if you could revive one label that died in the last few years, which would it be...

I few months ago it would have been Helmut easily, but I think I would rather have Veronique back. Feel somewhat traitorous saying that.

She's my favorite, good thing I have quite a bit from her while I was able to.

Jil over dior easily, fw07 was a superlative collection.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Bumping this up What's on the FW10 kop lists?
    Damn mine is long: MMM Cream Shawl Rib Cardigan Knit MMM Natural Wool Cardigan MMM Natural Wool Crewneck MMM Beige Covered Placket Cardigan MMM French Replica Boots in Charcoal Suede MMM Geometric Print Silk Scarf Guidi Backzips 4-5 Bespoke Shirts - New pattern, covered placket, hidden button down, Thomas Mason Fabrics. Maybe some new MMM lo's if I can find a good colourway this season

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

Also Jil vs Heidi talk, I really like Jil more but Heidi did do ALOT for the early 2000's. I would go with Jil though, even though I don't like Jil shoes (don't like many fashion shoes outside MMM)

The first half of the last decade was amazing for mens clothing. Jil, Raf (Raf's early stuff was amazing, the change from season to season was mindblowing. Way too comfortable these days) DH, Cloak, all great lines.

15. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

She's my favorite, good thing I have quite a bit from her while I was able to.

Yeah, I wish I could time-travel and slap my 20 year old self and buy more of that shit. Oh well.