The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by justinkapur, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Barry Lau

Barry Lau Member

Hi meister,
    I saw yours in previous posts. Your burgundy pair is gorgeous too!

I think I will only wear mine in special occasions.

2. meister

meister Senior member

Like all shoes you have to be careful of things like "modesty shields" in offices those punched metal front additions to desks. You cross you feet and suddenly you have scratched the toecap. Other times "shit happens" and you just have to deal with it and write it down in the book called "Patina". I have a pair of J&M handmades and I hit the top of an elevator step hard and it left a tiny dent on what were perfect shoes. Situations like that.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

4. Barry Lau

Barry Lau Member

Hey Meister, Thanks for your warm reminder on those tiny mental fronts hidden under office desk I would surely pay more attentions when wearing them into office. I am also sorry to hear your J&M got dent ....
    But for me living in HK, the most difficult thing to overcome is the crowded public transport, if you wear a pair of good shoes to work, in the morning or evening when you have to take a train that closely packed with people, your shoes will get lot of scratches ... you can imagine in such environment its like foot on foot shoes on shoes ... horrible ... so unless i got my own car, i won't think i would wear them on work days :)

5. Barry Lau

Barry Lau Member

What a deal! too bad you can't fit that model well...
    as far as i know, Bontoni only has 2 Last, 101 and 108 ?
    101 is round toe while 108 is square, which should be roomier in forepart / toe area
    and the Principle model in your quoted link should be in 101 Last.