• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi meister,
I saw yours in previous posts. Your burgundy pair is gorgeous too!

I think I will only wear mine in special occasions.

Like all shoes you have to be careful of things like "modesty shields" in offices those punched metal front additions to desks. You cross you feet and suddenly you have scratched the toecap. Other times "**** happens" and you just have to deal with it and write it down in the book called "Patina". I have a pair of J&M handmades and I hit the top of an elevator step hard and it left a tiny dent on what were perfect shoes. Situations like that.

Barry Lau

Reaction score
Like all shoes you have to be careful of things like "modesty shields" in offices those punched metal front additions to desks. You cross you feet and suddenly you have scratched the toecap. Other times "**** happens" and you just have to deal with it and write it down in the book called "Patina". I have a pair of J&M handmades and I hit the top of an elevator step hard and it left a tiny dent on what were perfect shoes. Situations like that.

Hey Meister, Thanks for your warm reminder on those tiny mental fronts hidden under office desk I would surely pay more attentions when wearing them into office. I am also sorry to hear your J&M got dent ....
But for me living in HK, the most difficult thing to overcome is the crowded public transport, if you wear a pair of good shoes to work, in the morning or evening when you have to take a train that closely packed with people, your shoes will get lot of scratches ... you can imagine in such environment its like foot on foot shoes on shoes ... horrible ... so unless i got my own car, i won't think i would wear them on work days :)

Barry Lau

Reaction score
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Bontoni-Principe-Leather-Penny-Loafer/prod87310001/p.prod?ECID=BGDR__CRT&utm_medium=display remarketing&utm_source=BGDR__CRT

Almost full size run at 50% off, though only in light brown (which they don't even show a stock picture...)

too bad this particular is too narrow in the toebox for me...

What a deal! too bad you can't fit that model well...
as far as i know, Bontoni only has 2 Last, 101 and 108 ?
101 is round toe while 108 is square, which should be roomier in forepart / toe area
and the Principle model in your quoted link should be in 101 Last.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bontoni Day.JPG

Barry Lau

Reaction score
Nope, it is a store in Hong Kong called Joyce. Tassels in HK is doing winter sales too. U can email them if u r interested in

Congratulations!
A really nice pair of loafers at a bargain!

Would you mind telling me which district in HK is Joyce located?

I only know Tassels selling this brand,it would be great news if Joyce also carrying this brand!

shoesfeast

Reaction score
Congratulations!
A really nice pair of loafers at a bargain!

Would you mind telling me which district in HK is Joyce located?

I only know Tassels selling this brand,it would be great news if Joyce also carrying this brand!
Hello Barry, only the Joyce in Central carries this brand. Half price now and they hv “buy 3 and get extra 15% off” before, not sure if they still have it now.

Barry Lau

Reaction score
Hello Barry, only the Joyce in Central carries this brand. Half price now and they hv “buy 3 and get extra 15% off” before, not sure if they still have it now.

Many Thanks for your info!
Will surely pay a visit and try my luck soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads