• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, plain black Augusta sidezips for FW so good.

bdude

Reaction score

It's my pleasure.
So tell me, as a newcomer to €1k+ footwear, do you 'get' it, 'understand' it?
Do you hold them and feel like its nothing you've seen or experienced before?
Do you feel the leather and think 'wow I never knew shoes could be like this'
Do you actually see why there is a pricing difference vs other mid priced brands (which the average pedestrian would still think is ridiculously priced (marsell etc)
I ask this all with no 'piss take'.
I'm genuinely interested to hear your thoughts considering your research pre kopping and the big jump into spending serious money.
Also when you just see pics with non physical reference point it can seem ludicrous when you think of the pricing differential.

I've desensitised myself to that sickening feeling of spending £1k.....but I still get that excitement every time I receive a package.

So....will you ever buy anything else, or are you part of the club?

I do get that 1k+ feeling still ( knowing that that amount would feed, shelter and school an orphan kid for a year in Nepal). however i must admit i love the purchases i made. Just looking at my CCP scarstich ( CORS) gives me the warm fuzzies... :)

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This all started with a fit pic a while ago by @ghostface. He had a pair of Carpe Diems on and I had never ever seen a pair of shoes that radiated such, how do I put it . . . magic. So that led me to looking around a bit more and seeing brands like Guidi (now on Mr Porter) and Augusta and others whose Google searches lead me to websites/stores that didn't have prices, sizing, or much more than a tumblr page link and an email with which to connect with. I didn't get it at first, but the mystique and the uniqueness caught me by the lapels and shook me pretty severely after seeing some of the pics on here.

I've only had this pair in my possession for a mere two hours so I have only the very beginning of an idea of what I just got myself into. That said, they are simply amazing to hold in my hands. I feel the heel and say, "I can see how somebody actually made that in a tiny town somewhere in Italy and they were probably proud as hell when they were finished--maybe even a little sad that they had to see them go out the door.

It took a lot of faith to drop that kind of money while never having tried on any shoes like this before. I took measurements three or four times in inches and centimeters just to be sure. And I had many, many emails back and forth with Tassos (wonderful man) and he assured me that if these didn't work out that we could figure something out and get it right.

I almost ended up getting the scarred black in size US 9 but in the pics the toe just looked too damn long. So he said he had these in US 8 and I said okay. They fit fantastically from the little bit I've walked around my house. I didn't even see the damn insoles until I had put them on at first. And with the insoles in it's a whole new world. I had no idea these could be so comfortable.

I can see why the pricing is the way it is. There has to be some sort of filter for the folks that just want to get a fancy pair of shoes. I'm sure the store owners have horror stories about people who had no idea what they were going to be receiving in the mail.

I'm in the club insomuch as I've since received a pair of summertime Marsélls (which I am loving), ordered a pair of Guidi 698s (two months out) and kopped those Carpe S45Ms from jpc9 just the other day.

I've sold some gaudy shoes lately that I don't think I'll ever have use for (some Raf derbies that never saw much use) and a whole host of other stuff that I am turning into a much smaller cache of smart, special, well made and well thought out shoes and clothes. It's a learning process and at almost 44 (next Friday) I can't believe it's taken me this long to get my act together.

But all of your patience and help has put me in the right direction and I can't thank you more.

Cheers.

And on we go . . .

PS: the one thing that I guess still has me perplexed is the metal bar on the underside. But I suppose anybody who might be in this same club won't mistake them for any other maker. ;)

Nicely written, wear in good health!

And yes, C.Diems have some magic about them that is inexplainable and unparalleled....

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I was getting a sandwich from a local artisan sandwich maker yesterday, while wearing my CCP Tornados with a suit. Next door to the sandwich shop was a respected local area cobbler, so I walked in and asked him about a small issue with my boots (the heel needs a nail as one of the corner is lightly pulling, no big deal). He looked at my boots - still on feet - and said "you did not get those in that condition, did you?".

Looks like I'll be going elsewhere for cobbler related issues.

Last edited:

eton97

Reaction score
I was 41 on Saturday. Good to see somebody else who is getting midlife.....

One word on 'un' condescending advice.
It's easy to get carried away and end the it with 10 pairs+ of footwear.
I've done it and most of the long standing guys here have.
I get why we do it and its an 'addiction'....you can soften the term and say its a passion or hobby, but we all know the reality of it.
You've opened Pandora's box and (funds willing) you will do it.
Just try to enjoy each pair and hold back before you kop everything. Overbuying means you end up not appreciating each pair.

One if the most refreshing things I did over the last 2/3 yrs was reduce a ridiculous collection of 12+ pairs to a hardcore 5-6pairs (including Augusta sneaks).

Congratulations on your CCP. Tassos is a great guy and I'm glad the introduction helped you.

Now go out and scuff the monsters. You'll enjoy them more once you've got your first scratch on them. :)

I'm really happy for you bud

Sorry if I'm sound all emotional. I'm sitting in hospital after a really ****** operation and I keep hitting the morphine button

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

height600

Different detailing on the single zip. Look carefully. There appears to be a seam going around the front

White is pure white rather than bone white. Slight change in sneaker design.

a1923 killing it at the $2200 mark

This all started with a fit pic a while ago by @ghostface. He had a pair of Carpe Diems on and I had never ever seen a pair of shoes that radiated such, how do I put it . . . magic. So that led me to looking around a bit more and seeing brands like Guidi (now on Mr Porter) and Augusta and others whose Google searches lead me to websites/stores that didn't have prices, sizing, or much more than a tumblr page link and an email with which to connect with. I didn't get it at first, but the mystique and the uniqueness caught me by the lapels and shook me pretty severely after seeing some of the pics on here.

I've only had this pair in my possession for a mere two hours so I have only the very beginning of an idea of what I just got myself into. That said, they are simply amazing to hold in my hands. I feel the heel and say, "I can see how somebody actually made that in a tiny town somewhere in Italy and they were probably proud as hell when they were finished--maybe even a little sad that they had to see them go out the door.

It took a lot of faith to drop that kind of money while never having tried on any shoes like this before. I took measurements three or four times in inches and centimeters just to be sure. And I had many, many emails back and forth with Tassos (wonderful man) and he assured me that if these didn't work out that we could figure something out and get it right.

I almost ended up getting the scarred black in size US 9 but in the pics the toe just looked too damn long. So he said he had these in US 8 and I said okay. They fit fantastically from the little bit I've walked around my house. I didn't even see the damn insoles until I had put them on at first. And with the insoles in it's a whole new world. I had no idea these could be so comfortable.

I can see why the pricing is the way it is. There has to be some sort of filter for the folks that just want to get a fancy pair of shoes. I'm sure the store owners have horror stories about people who had no idea what they were going to be receiving in the mail.

I'm in the club insomuch as I've since received a pair of summertime Marsélls (which I am loving), ordered a pair of Guidi 698s (two months out) and kopped those Carpe S45Ms from jpc9 just the other day.

I've sold some gaudy shoes lately that I don't think I'll ever have use for (some Raf derbies that never saw much use) and a whole host of other stuff that I am turning into a much smaller cache of smart, special, well made and well thought out shoes and clothes. It's a learning process and at almost 44 (next Friday) I can't believe it's taken me this long to get my act together.

But all of your patience and help has put me in the right direction and I can't thank you more.

Cheers.

And on we go . . .

PS: the one thing that I guess still has me perplexed is the metal bar on the underside. But I suppose anybody who might be in this same club won't mistake them for any other maker. ;)

Tassos is good people!

With all the designers you mentioned, I am surprised you havent given L0 a shot but wear in good health and enjoy.

I was getting a sandwich from a local artisan sandwich maker yesterday, while wearing my CCP Tornados with a suit. Next door to the sandwich shop was a respected local area cobbler, so I walked in and asked him about a small issue with my boots (the heel needs a nail as one of the corner is lightly pulling, no big deal). He looked at my boots - still on feet - and said "you did not get those in that condition, did you?".

Looks like I'll be going elsewhere for cobbler related issues.

This made me LOL.

Your reply should of been "these are the latest John Lobb zip ups, did you not get the memo?"

eton97

Reaction score

Just looking at my CCP scarstich ( CORS) gives me the warm fuzzies... :)

Fit pic please.
I sold all my CCP leathers and now just own the highneck in Cors (perfection).
Cors is soooo nice (IMO the best of all the CCP leathers - I've owned CCP leather jackets in kalb, hoil, BUIS, juicy) I'm considering a scarstich again

bdude

Reaction score

Fit pic please.
I sold all my CCP leathers and now just own the highneck in Cors (perfection).
Cors is soooo nice (IMO the best of all the CCP leathers - I've owned CCP leather jackets in kalb, hoil, BUIS, juicy) I'm considering a scarstich again

Here you go D ( hope you get better soon)

Last edited:

bdude

Reaction score
^^ thanks guys. I have loads of fit pics ( my buddy in San Fran is a professional photographer) Now CORS is the ****. I have compared this jacket with augusta incarnation etc horse jackets ( at various stores) and none attracts me more. Scarstich is very versatile. Bad ass enough but i wear it even with dressier pants and still works. Would not be able to pull that with a high neck

Last edited:

eton97

Reaction score
You can. High neck isn't that aggressive.
And Cors is the **** for sure. Hold it's true black colour (unlike other skins which can fade to a brown black or blue black) Perfect thickness, lovely and clean skin with no scarring. And just gets better and better as it breaks in.
Here's my baby;

bdude

Reaction score
^^ a beauty! This model has been tempting me for a whille ;). Since we are on the CCP wank train i will post another and shut up!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads