• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AML225

Reaction score
I picked these up off Ebay last week, mainly out of curiosity.... but not entirely sure of what I have. The vamp is a shell, and quarters and toe are a grain leather.... anyone familiar with this make-up?
puzzled.gif

for comparison next to my Ravello shell PTB......

These are absolutely stunning! I confess I'm not a big fan of grain leathers usually, but these make the details of the LWB pop!!! I'm not at all familiar with the makeup, but it looks like the more reddish Ravello of ~2012-2013.

AML225

Reaction score
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, a...

AWhiskey LWBs today. Love the way these have creased over the years.
ffed6f6006e8cbc9a550ece1115d3043.jpg

shoelover

Reaction score
Whiskey LWBs out in the sun..

Oasis

Reaction score
RE oil stain. I had similar and heaping baby powder on the stain over night seemed to soak the stain up slightly. I repeated this a few times over it became far less noticeable - although admittedly didn't disappear all together.

On another note - anyone moving on LWB'a in an 8D? Would like to pick a pair up below retail..

Matty123

Reaction score

Do you have a picture of the stain? What kind of oil/grease is it?

I don't have a picture right now. I'm at work and the boots are at home. It is most likely some Type of animal fat. I was out to dinner last night and there are a few possibilities. I didn't drop any food however. Just bad luck. Oh well. I guess I'll
Try baby powder and some Prayer to te patron saint of shoes

Matty123

Reaction score

RE oil stain. I had similar and heaping baby powder on the stain over night seemed to soak the stain up slightly. I repeated this a few times over it became far less noticeable - although admittedly didn't disappear all together.

On another note - anyone moving on LWB'a in an 8D? Would like to pick a pair up below retail..

Thanks bud. I'll Try that

Oasis

Reaction score
Careful not to get it on any of the detailing as it can be a pain to remove (lesson learnt).

Easiest and most efficient way to remove I found was to hold the hose of a vaccum just above the little mound of baby powder and suck it all up in one foul swoop.

Good luck.

gilby

Reaction score
Just received some new long wings in brown regina grain from Brick & Mortar.
It happens to be raining today, good timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads