• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatravel

Reaction score
@meowmix1891 You'll never know if you don't ask. I'm sure some folks would keep them and not even notice. Then again there are some folks who look down every time they wore the boots and see the spots.

Call them and ask. Maybe they cab do something. If not, you and I know you can flip those quickly.

Good Luck!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
settling for black wt is like getting a birdie on the 18th hole

Strong finish with a birdie, but an eagle would be even sweeter on the par 5 #18!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

calibre36

Reaction score
Any photos / opinions of the Kudu 404 Indys? I am all of the sudden drawn to them after not caring for years...

meowmix1891

Reaction score
Just took receipt of my Leffot Daytrippers. Stunning boot but disappointed because the leather has imperfections (tiny black spots due to a possible bad dye job?). I'm wondering if it would be unreasonable to ask Leffot for a partial discount. I want to keep the boots, and I hate to be the guy looking for perfection, so do you think Leffot would laugh if I asked this?

Update:
Sent Leffot an email, then I got a little impatient and called instead. Talked to Che. She said that they rather have me return the shoes than give me a discount , because it is normal to see variations in the leather. Basically, "tough luck".
I passed on 2 other pairs of shoes, including the CJ Whiskey Harlechs and a pair of discounted EG Galways for these shoes. Now I'm kind of kicking myself for going with these.

To be honest, for a store like Leffot, I think they should have given me the discount.
Of course one can never EXPECT a discount in a scenario like this, but these stores know how long we wait for these shoes, and the associated disappointment when we do find imperfections. I understand that it is a "normal variance" of the ravello shade, but the dark freckling is actually a little more noticeable in person, on the lateral side of the shoe (in plain view), and almost 3 inches long.

A small gesture of trying to work with me on a discount would have really shown me a lot and I would have repeatedly gone to them for my Alden needs. After my first experience with flawed ravello, now I'm kind of left thinking that it is unethical to even ship these shoes without informing the customer.

I'm in the medical field, and I know the impact a small gesture can have in repeat business with a patient. If I let a patient leave without informing the patient about a possible defect, that would definitely be grounds for a lawsuit. I feel similarly about this situation. Maybe I'm just being a little sensitive because I've been thinking about these shoes a little too much the past couple months.
confused.gif

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of notes -

1) the two alpine grain boots leffot has posted recently look great in person

2) not sure I am going to keep both of these boots. I need another brown cordovan boot, and I'm trying to figure out which one I will wear most... I don't wear cordo boots when it's warm so it's winter, early spring and later fall... Leaning towards the Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members