• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I really wish I could get on this pre-order list but they did not mention it when I emailed them. Just basically got told nothing is out there right now.
I suspect this may be a problem at first while I try to build a reputation with a new vendor.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try calling Leather Soul, not sure if it is still open but there was a pre-order list for CXL tanker, barrie last, in brown ($100 deposit) slated for Nov delivery.

Man I really wish I could get on this pre-order list but they did not mention it when I emailed them. Just basically got told nothing is out there right now.
I suspect this may be a problem at first while I try to build a reputation with a new vendor.

Apologies, meant to quote this in the first one.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanker boots are hard to find. Off the top of my head, these retailers have carried them (defined as a NST boot on commando soles in Barrie, Trubalance or Plaza):
J Gilbert
Epaulet
Leffot
Alden SF
Leather Soul
Tassels
Context

Your best bet is probably to check in with Context to see when they will do another order as they are basically first come first serve and they do large orders

Renton

Reaction score

Tanker boots are hard to find. Off the top of my head, these retailers have carried them (defined as a NST boot on commando soles in Barrie, Trubalance or Plaza):
J Gilbert
Epaulet
Leffot
Alden SF
Leather Soul
Tassels
Context

Your best bet is probably to check in with Context to see when they will do another order as they are basically first come first serve and they do large orders

Here's the J. Gilbert production list as of early February including a couple of NST boots.

1. Tan WT boot, barrie last with commando sole (Feb delivery)

2. Snuff WT shoe, plaza last with single oiled flex sole (March delivery)

3. Color 8 Cap toe boot, plaza last with commando sole (March delivery)

4. Color 8 Plain toe blucher, barrie with commando sole (March delivery)

5. Navy Suede Tassel Mocc, Aberdeen last with flex sole (March delivery)

6. Tan suede WT boot, plaza with flex sole (April delivery)

7. Black Shell Medallion toe boot, plaza with commando sole (April delivery)

8. 6 eyelet Brown suede chukka, plaza with commando sole (April delivery)

9. Color 8 WT boot, plaza last with commando sole (April delivery)

10. Chamois Indy shoe, trubalance with single flex sole (April delivery)

11. Green suede Tassel Mocc, Copley last with flex sole (May delivery)

12. Hunting Green suede Long wing blucher, barrie last with double waterloc

sole (May delivery)

13. Cognac Soft Calf Penny loafer, Copley last with flex sole (June delivery)

14. Snuff Suede Penny loafer, Copley last with flex sole (June delivery)

15. Black Calf NST boot, plaza with single oiled flex sole (June delivery)

16. Cognac Calf NST boot, plaza with single oiled felx sole (June delivery)

17. Regina Grain Long wing, barrie last with double waterloc sole ( July

delivery)

18. Regina Grain WT boot, barrie last with commando sole (July delivery)

19. Alpine Grain NST blucher, plaza with commando sole (July delivery)

20. Navy Chromexcel Penny loafer, Copley with flex sole (August delivery)

21. Navy suede/Cognac calf Saddle shoe, barrie with single flex sole (August

delivery)

22. Navy Chromexcel Indy boot, trubalance with double waterloc sole (August

delivery)

23. Navy Suede penny loafer, Copley with flex sole (September delivery)

frank r

Reaction score
Sorry, if this is a question that's been answered one million times. It's just hard to sift through so many pages. As far as durability and wear, is there much difference between the CXL and the original Indy? I like both, as far as appearance. I'll be using whichever boots I decide on for all conditions (excluding snow) and trekking through the woods, though not hiking. I've been looking at the Wolverine 1000 mile Courtlands as well. I'm just hoping to find a really comfortable shoe, as I''m tired of my feet hurting.

epc2

Reaction score
Wondering what do you guys think of the Needsupply Seven Hills Indy?, I guess it's a love or hate design , with the Vibram sole and flat welt , but looks very comfortable and has a nice color just not sure about the Vibram sole and the brown/white contrast.

Thanks.

Last edited:

nemo

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, if you don't mind a natural CXL tanker with leather waterlock sole instead of the command sole, Unionmade (The Grove) got a shipment in as part of their grand opening, and I think I read somewhere that they will do phone orders - if you are not local.

Also, I'm not sure why Alden SF completely removed their tanker but I just purchased a pair of color 8 tanker off their website just this past week, that, after a couple of weeks of daily contemplation while looking at the listing. They had a few sizes listed in both color 8 and black, can't imagine they somehow magically sold every pair in one day - especially the blacks - I suspect they are still available for phone or walk-in purchases. One thing of note is that these tankers are on the trubalance last, so they are more beaters friendly, will take on rolls and creases better and in general looks more like work shoes. For a more refined look, and more of a "carpeted-home-to-carpeted-office environment", stick with the barrie or even plaza last.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Wondering what do you guys think of the Needsupply Seven Hills Indy?, I guess it's a love or hate design , with the Vibram sole and flat welt , but looks very comfortable and has a nice color just not sure about the Vibram sole and the brown/white contrast.

Thanks.

Definitely not my cup of tea. But I wouldn't let that stop you from purchasing if you like them.

coinopcollector

Reaction score

J Gilbert
Epaulet
Leffot
Alden SF
Leather Soul
Tassels
Context

Add to that list Citi Shoes in NYC. That's where I got my color 8's on comando back in October.

tampatravel

Reaction score
I'm sad to see O'Connell's stop carrying Alden shoes, however I can see where they're coming from. It's sad because clearly Alden's have been carried there for years and years, but apparently Alden is taking too long to get shoes to them.

If more companies who carry Alden did this, they might clean up their act.

I was able to pick up an Alden cordovan belt though from O'Connell's - at an awesome price.

I would add that just because they're not carrying Alden shoes doesn't mean you shouldn't stop by their store if you're in the area. It's pure men's store awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads