• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thats the power of Elbow grease...

I wonder if Mac gasped in horror a bit when he saw those boots :D

I might have gone longer than 17 wears without applying wax.

nephew,
I am old school-whatever you have you should always take good care of. as uncle adali learn that holes in your soles will not the presidency

JermynStreet

Reaction score
Thoughts are with Boston. Is everyone ok?

JermynStreet

Reaction score
Thoughts are with Boston. Is everyone ok?

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I hadn't seen this pic, Uncle. Now I have to include the NST on my list of desired acquisitions. They look wonderful!  Aberdeen last? TTS? Wear in great health my friend...

I find that Uncle's posts have a tendency to make you reconsider styles you'd previously not considered or even swore against.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted a response to this in the AE thread as well. The Made in DR shoes are clearly labeled Made in DR, they don't even pretend to be made in the USA, even though they have part of their construction here. I've seen no article that provides any indication that the Made in USA shoes are lying to you.

CalceoAdamator

Reaction score
Un
Thoughts are with Boston. Is everyone ok?[/quote

Unreal I have family in the area, god speed to all bostonians.

Indeed... My step-son was a few hundred feet away from the first explosions... He is well and heading back to UMass campus... Another sad day for America... Thoughts and prayers with our Boston families...

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted a response to this in the AE thread as well. The Made in DR shoes are clearly labeled Made in DR, they don't even pretend to be made in the USA, even though they have part of their construction here. I've seen no article that provides any indication that the Made in USA shoes are lying to you.
Shoes with uppers sewn in another country and then shipped to the USA for final assembly/lasting are considered 'Made in USA', and this is what AE is doing as far as I understand.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads