• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score

Out of curiosity, anyone have a guess as to what an Alden retailer (Theshoemart, Leffot, Leathersoul, Context, etc) actually pays for new shell cordovan shoes/boots from Alden i.e. wholesale?
1/2 of what we pay retail, 1/3, 2/3, etc.??

Thanks,
it's around half

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

would like to share my favorite whiskey PTB I wore yesterday. After a few wears, I notice a darker shade of line going across the toe on my right pair. It doesn't bother me much but is there a way to make the color more even? I try to think that it's unique for my shoes.

good looking whiskey ptb! it is from the tanning process. enjoy and do not worry

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ego1gm.jpg

ravello chukkas
argyles otc

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

would like to share my favorite whiskey PTB I wore yesterday. After a few wears, I notice a darker shade of line going across the toe on my right pair. It doesn't bother me much but is there a way to make the color more even? I try to think that it's unique for my shoes.

Beautiful shoes. Thanks for the photo.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sHOULD THERE BE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN... GOT THESE NOT THAT LONG AGO AND HAVE WORN THEM TWICE FOR A TOTAL OF 12 HOURS MAX... THE CREASING ON THE LEFT SHOE IS BAD, AT LEAST TO ME...... HOWEVER THIS IS MY FIRST PAIR OF SCOTCHGRAIN.... THESE ARE THE SPECIAL ONES FOR JCREW.. THINKING I SHOULD DO AN EXCHANGE.... I WOULD LIKE YOUR THOUGHTS.

Creasing will happen... it depends on the skin it was made from and also how your foot biomechanics. It is almost impossible to have symetrical creasing. Concern? I don't think so.

1k2go

Reaction score

Are you definitely wanting the antique edge? If not, J.Crew has some decent looking black, and Leffot has some black shells left, though only in a few sizes it would appear.
Leffot also has nice looking Color 8 with antique edge trim.
http://leffot.com/2011/12/26/alden-roundup/

I'd definitely like to go with the antique edge and black leather. Is this a rare combo? Can it be custom ordered?

Last edited:

Towncar

Reaction score
Greetings.

Like some others, I seem to be developing an obsession with a #8 cap toe boot with commando sole. I like the look of the Grant last. My normal shoe size is 8.5D. The only pair of Aldens I own are All-Weather Walkers in 7.5E, which fit very well. In fact, I'm wearing them right now. Sky Valet has the very boot. What size would more experienced Alden buyers recommend?

NotClever

Reaction score
I'd definitely like to go with the antique edge and black leather. Is this a rare combo? Can it be custom ordered?

I'm relatively certain the antique edge with black is not available on stock models. Also pretty certain you can't custom order one offs, so would have to look for someone doing a preorder on one.

MR_Song

Reaction score

Yah I wouldn't worry about it. It's just the gathering of pigments and oils. I had this happen to my cigar LWBs. Rather than rack your brain on trying to get rid of the color variation, appreciate the cordovan for what it is, a natural product. The only corodvan color (well shade) that doesn't do this is black.

good looking whiskey ptb! it is from the tanning process. enjoy and do not worry

Beautiful shoes. Thanks for the photo.

Thank you for the comments :)

I've seen some color8 wing tip boots w/ light antique edge at Unionmade. They were so tempting for me, and the boots look super nice in person!
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Halleck_Cordovan_Wing_Tip_Boot_in_Color_8_3534.html
And here're the indy shoes in black. Though it's not the antique edge, but the welt is natural.
http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Alden_Indy_Shoe_in_Black_3442.html
And I don't think Alden can be custom ordered. Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members