***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Well-Known Member

...I can't dig that reverse welt. Sorry, Orvis.

3. phototristan

...I can't dig that reverse welt. Sorry, Orvis.

Do you mean the 270 degree welt instead of 360 degrees? That's the same as the Indy boot and looks a bit better from behind IMO.

4. WhatAboutBob

WhatAboutBob Senior member

Orvis has their version (similar, but not the same, made by Alden) on sale right now too:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=9P4H

Online - if you're an 11 or 12.5 - rest are sold out.

5. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Do you mean the 270 degree welt instead of 360 degrees? That's the same as the Indy boot and looks a bit better from behind IMO.

No, he is talking about the reverse welt vs. regular welt. Reverse is sometimes called the storm welt as well. Some people think the reverse welt makes the boot look a little clunky or less formal.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

7. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

...that last post boggles my mind. I'm an 11.5 in one foot on a Brannock and just over 11.5 in the other foot and the 11D captoes on the Barrie I have are about as small as I can go. I couldn't imagine being anywhere near comfortable dropping another size below that and I wear the same sized shoes as you in those other brands.

....maybe your feet swell a lot during the course of a day and that original Brannock measurement is reflection of that.

Yeah, I was boggled as well. My Brannock measurements are pretty much consistent regardless of the time of day. Salesman at the Alden store said such variability is not unusual.

8. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

10. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get a #8 PTB size 9C (or D) with anything other than the black edge trim or double leather sole? Think I would like this with antique edge trim with crepe sole. I saw that WP had this in cigar but I need a new pair of #8's.
    Tom?

11. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Just an FYI, I put up a bunch of my Alden shoes/boots (including #8 Plaza Indy, and Reverse Chamois Indy) for sale along with some other pairs. Just making room in my closet for some new shoes coming in. All size 11D - 12D.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=228313

12. .field

.field Member

Bummer, man.. After weeks in customs, my brand new 403's are missing two inches of stitching (non existent) leaving the leather flap that meets the bright white toe stitching wide open.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. phototristan

Bummer, man.. After weeks in customs, my brand new 403's are missing two inches of stitching (non existent) leaving the leather flap that meets the bright white toe stitching wide open.

Strange. Did you buy those new? Not sure what happened, there clearly was stitching there at one point because I don't believe they make the holes first. In other words, the holes are created as they sew the stitching in.

14. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Dear Lord, Alden has some serious QC issues. This has happened to me several times and many other members have had this problem. I keep defending them because I love their stuff but come on! I would be willing to bet that at least 1 in 10 Indys has this problem. If this was any other company..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.