• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
Do you mean the 270 degree welt instead of 360 degrees? That's the same as the Indy boot and looks a bit better from behind IMO.

No, he is talking about the reverse welt vs. regular welt. Reverse is sometimes called the storm welt as well. Some people think the reverse welt makes the boot look a little clunky or less formal.

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by glimmertwins
...that last post boggles my mind. I'm an 11.5 in one foot on a Brannock and just over 11.5 in the other foot and the 11D captoes on the Barrie I have are about as small as I can go. I couldn't imagine being anywhere near comfortable dropping another size below that and I wear the same sized shoes as you in those other brands.

....maybe your feet swell a lot during the course of a day and that original Brannock measurement is reflection of that.

Yeah, I was boggled as well. My Brannock measurements are pretty much consistent regardless of the time of day. Salesman at the Alden store said such variability is not unusual.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a #8 PTB size 9C (or D) with anything other than the black edge trim or double leather sole? Think I would like this with antique edge trim with crepe sole. I saw that WP had this in cigar but I need a new pair of #8's.
Tom?

.field

Reaction score
Bummer, man.. After weeks in customs, my brand new 403's are missing two inches of stitching (non existent) leaving the leather flap that meets the bright white toe stitching wide open.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .field
Bummer, man.. After weeks in customs, my brand new 403's are missing two inches of stitching (non existent) leaving the leather flap that meets the bright white toe stitching wide open.

Strange. Did you buy those new? Not sure what happened, there clearly was stitching there at one point because I don't believe they make the holes first. In other words, the holes are created as they sew the stitching in.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .field

Dear Lord, Alden has some serious QC issues. This has happened to me several times and many other members have had this problem. I keep defending them because I love their stuff but come on! I would be willing to bet that at least 1 in 10 Indys has this problem. If this was any other company..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads