1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Thanks! Hoping to upgrade from my moleskine pants, but looks like they're out of stock at epaulet

[​IMG]

2. postal007

postal007 Senior member

Nice - unlined CXL dovers if I'm not mistaken? My first shoe from Alden and one that started my obsession. The Dover makeup is my favorite - I have it in brown CXL, 3 types of suede (Snuff, Navy, Tan), and recently got the Color 8 version unlined from Leffot. Enjoy!

3. usfpaul82

usfpaul82 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yes, unlined CXL. So comfy. Color 8 huh? I'll have to check those out.

4. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

5. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Superb Don! As always!
    I am suspecting that it was an order submission and not a confirmation. But not sure. As far as I know, all Ravello runs that were from the last batch of Shell are done.
    Looking good today in your Brownvello PTBs. Your slacks are rad as well of course. Nice to see you circling around here again.
    Inspired by the J.Crew PCT love. Hopefully they'll look as good as @patrick_b's pair one day
    [​IMG][
    /quote] These look great today IMO. Enjoy them!
    A superb model. Great looking Bluchers.
    Looking well as well Steve. Enjoy your boots.
    Pretty hard to frown about shoes when wearing a Ravello NST Boot or Shoe. Awesome of course.
    Those are rugged and glorious Don. Hope that you had a good day.
    Looking good. I just visited Jim. Always a pleasure.
    Looking good Z in your Brownvello PTBs!
    Awesome as always. The 4 eyelet PTB is pretty cool alone.
    Call Mike and see if they have material and can make you a pair. I get most stock models that way even if they don't have my size in stock.
    Wore my pair today for the drive. Looking good my friend! -Mike

1 person likes this.
  6. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

Wow. I own the TSM version and love them. I never would have thought about another Cigar Indy, but when you put them next to each other it really makes me think! Nice work - the Leffot version is killer. I love the aesthetics of all eyelets, but the hooks are so much more practical.

Dope! I'm excited for the ones I have coming from epaulet (brass hardware), but I'm thinking of selling off that preorder spot and going with these. I think snuff suede might be the one makeup that I like a dark eyelet better.

These are phenomenal. Are these from this past winter? The shade looks great and you wear them well!

Great choice! They're a classic boot... they work formal or casual. The commando sole is durable and will be good all year long. That looks like a nice shade of Color 8 too.

Enjoy!!

7. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Did someone say unlined #8 Dovers?
    [​IMG]

8. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

The Cigar LWB were delivered a month ago. Not sure on the rest. No ravello coming in for them (or anyone it seems) until well into 2016.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  9. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Got my Innnsbrucks today!
    [​IMG]
    Looks like they tried to cover up a long scuff during welting with some polish as its visible and has a different feel to it. Might try to work it out.

1 person likes this.
  10. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Lovely dovers, I assume they are from Kathy in DC... I know she does them on dark edging...

Congrats on them! They look very nice. I am sure that you will figure out the scuff. But they are Indy boots, right?

11. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Lovely dovers, I assume they are from Kathy in DC... I know she does them on dark edging...

Thanks Mike! Actually they're from Alden SF from 2012 I believe. My first foray into Alden.

1 person likes this.
  12. usfpaul82

usfpaul82 Well-Known Member

CXL Dovers today for their maiden voyage. Bring on the creases!

[​IMG]

13. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

14. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Anybody know where to find a Color 8 PTB w/ antique sole ?

15. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

I've not seen a Color 8 PTB with antique welt/edge. Closest I've seen is the Leffot Dover with antique welt/edge which comes around maybe once a year?

16. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Ah damn! Thanks for the input. I may be in the minority... but I love the anitque edge w/ color 8

17. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Yes they are, which is why I wasn't concerned about some of the other scuffs. Just the one stood out so I reached out to EP to get their thoughts. Its my first Alden CXL not sure what the standard is for them. They'll get more i'm sure.

18. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

19. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

20. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

I believe Brick + Mortar is doing a Color 8 PTB (I think it was said to be a Dover) with antique edging; look at #41: http://brickmortarseattle.com/coming-soon.html

You can contact Yenni to get the details, or if anyone here knows the makeup details & can verify

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.