1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katch

katch Senior member

Because Barrie Lasted boots are slimmer!!

2. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

Might be because of the 270 degree welt. The close heel on the PCT boot makes it look quite sleek. By comparison, my color 8 wingtip boots, which are 360 degree welted and have a split-reverse welt, look much less sleek than my PCT boots.

3. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

A little sunlight will lighten the shade (unevenly) after a while. Eventually it turns them a gorgeous burgundy/brown.

4. JR Magat

JR Magat Senior member

Nice to see a fellow AE Alumni here!

Great first choice to jump into Alden. Beware though, that model was the one that started my Alden shell obsession so good luck to you! ;)

5. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Just don't get caught huffing the shell smell at work......:embar:

6. bespoken pa

My shell daltons havent seen daylight since they were purchased

7. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I think the walnut calf is the best Dalton. The color 8 version just invites comparison the superior Alden model.

8. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Heh. I'll try not to be the guy carrying a boot around in a paper bag in order to get my sniff "fix."

[​IMG]

Thanks the awesome reception - I can't get enough of them!

As for the Dalton, my oxblood pair just became the JV string in regards to what I'll reach for first, but I'd still love to find a pair in walnut shell.

1 person likes this.
  9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

11. JSO1

JSO1 Senior member

My unlined walnut shell daltons are still one of my favorite pairs. Incredibly comfortable with an insane patina.

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

The Dalton is a great boot, and I'm happy with my pair, but I find the last I little too pointy with respect to the wingtip pattern, and there's too much empty space on the vamp. When I look down at my feet. I'm reminded of dan akyroid in cone heads.

I find the Alden boot pattern more pleasing, with a nicer medallion. I don't have one yet, but maybe next year. Or perhaps the year after that, considering how difficult it was for me to even get a 975 made in my size.

13. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Very nice.

14. bespoken pa

I just wish the wing tip pattern on the dalton extended further up the vamp. I guess my lack of use is more related to my rotation.

The LS SWB is one of my favorite make ups.

15. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

16. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

will follow you around the internet when you post such great pics lol [​IMG]

17. usfpaul82

usfpaul82 Well-Known Member

I have recently been bitten hard by the bug. I have had the JCrew CXL Indy boot for about 6 months and recently picked up some CXL Dovers and the JCrew Lined Suede Chukkas. Now I would like to add a LWB to the staple. I would love the Ravello but thats not going to happen any time soon. So the next two I am eyeing are the JC Waxed LWB in Tobacco or the Burnished Tan Calf version seen at Alden SF. They seem pretty similar in color right? I would prefer more of a brown than orange, so woulf the burnished tan be a better option over the tobacco?

I should note that these would be worn with chinos or denim. I rarely have to wear dress slacks as I work in a business casual environment.

Will the obsession end??? :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  18. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Very nice JSO1. C-width completely changes the look of the 975.
    I'm a little late to this one but I'll repeat what others have said, great pictures and an amazing boot. Hang on to your wallet, it's in for a wild ride.

19. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

I was wondering if you'd show up. [​IMG]

Thanks K.

Thanks. I think. :)

20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/322795/...great-do-you-prefer-official/210#post_7572235
    There really is no comparison. Had the Dalton walnut shell, but sold them when I finally acquired the ravello wt boot.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.