• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thromb

Reaction score
Great shoes, particularly the cigar!

Just back from some work in Europe and knew these were waiting for me when I got home last night

The Cigar LWB from Alden NY and the Context Tanker...

Cheers,
BN

First outside wearing of my whiskey LWB. I'm really loving the whiskey color. Pants are really that shade of blue so no enhancement :)

I'm gonna break these in inside the house for a week so to take some stiffness out of the leather sole but honestly pretty comfy already. Any thoughts or experiences on flush metal toe taps? Am considering to prolong the life of the leather sole, likely with B Nelson. Thanks in advance.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

1) Is it true that SF Alden and NY Alden use a different color welt on the cigar lwb? 2) What type of welt is that? reverse welt/ wheeling in natural color? The contrast looks pretty neat Amazing shoes. I got a pair coming from SF Alden.
The welt on this shoe is light antique, I *believe* the SF LWB come with Dark Antique, I also believe both come on the same 360 double waterlock welt, but somebody here can correct me if I'm mistaken. Best Regards, BN

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does ravello seem to be more rare than whiskey nowadays? Seems to me like whiskey would show blemishes more easily than the darker ravello..

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why does ravello seem to be more rare than whiskey nowadays? Seems to me like whiskey would show blemishes more easily than the darker ravello..
more surprising to me is why Cigar is not a stock offering. I think it hide just as much as #8 so I am unsure why it wouldn't be more readily available. AE does not seem to have an issue sourcing brown shell

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

more surprising to me is why Cigar is not a stock offering. I think it hide just as much as #8 so I am unsure why it wouldn't be more readily available. AE does not seem to have an issue sourcing brown shell

I believe it is a choice by Alden to limit it, not a sourcing problem.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Snuff dovers for me on this crisp Spring morning. One of my all time Alden favorites!!!
Nice Snuff Dovers! I hope to add something like this to my summer rotation some day! I may sell my AE Snuff Amoks for these, they seem more practical than a Chukka.
thanks, these pct boots growing on me quickly.
A closer picture would be nice, but I am assuming they are the Perf Tip Boot that JCrew sells. A very nice boot. I just got the Cap Toe boot from DC, so I think I have that basis covered.
This is probably my last wear of these for the season. This weekend I plan to store all my boots and get all my suede shoes and loafers out of storage. Ravello SWB from TSM (Chrome Filter)
Wow, those are a beautiful boot! Definitely on my list of "to finds"...
Just back from some work in Europe and knew these were waiting for me when I got home last night The Cigar LWB from Alden NY and the Context Tanker... Cheers, BN
Can you fly me to Europe and have those waiting for me when I return? :)
So glad I pulled the trigger on these......thank you to whomever posted the information on the Leathersoul "spring cleaning" sale! I wasn't sure on the Hampton last, but really like the look and they feel great.....the humus suede is a bit darker than expected but I think these will get a lot of wear.
Nice NST shoes! What color are they? Have more of a gray tone than typical Snuff (see above).
Great shoes, particularly the cigar! First outside wearing of my whiskey LWB. I'm really loving the whiskey color. Pants are really that shade of blue so no enhancement :) I'm gonna break these in inside the house for a week so to take some stiffness out of the leather sole but honestly pretty comfy already. Any thoughts or experiences on flush metal toe taps? Am considering to prolong the life of the leather sole, likely with B Nelson. Thanks in advance.
Absolutely beautiful Whiskey LWBs. The Whiskey LWB is a close second place to my Ravello LWBs. :)
I have asked this question many times and I am right there with you Ryden! No clue what makes Cigar "Rare", particularly with the darker colors they are shipping in today. Looking great you all! -Mike

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably my last wear of these for the season. This weekend I plan to store all my boots and get all my suede shoes and loafers out of storage.

Ravello SWB from TSM (Chrome Filter)

Just back from some work in Europe and knew these were waiting for me when I got home last night

The Cigar LWB from Alden NY and the Context Tanker...

Cheers,
BN

Awesome shoes and boots guys!!

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Snuff Dovers! I hope to add something like this to my summer rotation some day! I may sell my AE Snuff Amoks for these, they seem more practical than a Chukka.
A closer picture would be nice, but I am assuming they are the Perf Tip Boot that JCrew sells. A very nice boot. I just got the Cap Toe boot from DC, so I think I have that basis covered.
Wow, those are a beautiful boot! Definitely on my list of "to finds"...
Can you fly me to Europe and have those waiting for me when I return? :)
Nice NST shoes! What color are they? Have more of a gray tone than typical Snuff (see above).
Absolutely beautiful Whiskey LWBs. The Whiskey LWB is a close second place to my Ravello LWBs. :)
I have asked this question many times and I am right there with you Ryden! No clue what makes Cigar "Rare", particularly with the darker colors they are shipping in today.

Looking great you all!

-Mike

Funny. I have thought the same thing as you guys about why cigar isn't stock. It doesn't seem THAT much different from color 8 and other darker shell out today.

Also, Ravello (LWBs in particular) has moved to the top of my wish list. Please keep me posted if and when someone does another run of these. I'm expecting it to be a while. : )

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ In the past Alden limiting supply seemed to be the case, but even Carmina is not taking new shell orders now...just give me the Grant cigar boot and I'll be happy for awhile.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads