• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious49

Reaction score
Oh goodness I wish! At least not on any balmoral I own.

I have the same issue. I have a high instep and have never gotten the totally closed look on any balmorals. It was really bad with AE's where it was a pretty wide V shape. It's not as pronounced on my Church's or AS.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of felt guilty as I wore my C&J boots to Alden DC. Didn't think I was going to make it to the store.

Mike, anything of note in DC?

Surprised Kathy didn't lock the doors as soon as she spotted you wearing C&J boots!

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meant to post these two pics a while ago. I took them the day I purchased my ravello chukkas and Color 8 cap toe boots. I know there are significant differences in shell color depending on type and quality of lighting, etc., as is particularly evident with recent shoe pics and discussions on this forum. I thought I would add to the topic by showing these ravello chukkas compared with the Color 8 boots. The first pic is inside under incandescent lighting with a window open (please excuse sock fuzz in the background).
The second pic is outside in direct sun.
The chukkas almost look like they made from pumpkin rather than shell cordovan!
On the same topic, here are a couple of pictures I took of my cigar indy's on commando on the same day with same camera. Only difference other than angle and distance was that the sun was out in the first pic and it was overcast in the second. Actual color is probably in between...depending on lighting :)

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are exotic shell colors more expensive than regular colors such as color 8?

Before taxes, regular colors are $665 and exotics are around $750?

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the same topic, here are a couple of pictures I took of my cigar indy's on commando on the same day with same camera. Only difference other than angle and distance was that the sun was out in the first pic and it was overcast in the second. Actual color is probably in between...depending on lighting :)

Those are incredible, in any light!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Mike, anything of note in DC?

Surprised Kathy didn't lock the doors as soon as she spotted you wearing C&J boots!

HaHa. She would have, but I have probably been half her volume over the last 12 months. :)

Not a ton of new stuff there right now. But I didn't straight up ask if she got anything new in. She usually offers most stuff to me since it is typically a slam dunk for her. :)

-M

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Are exotic shell colors more expensive than regular colors such as color 8? 

Before taxes, regular colors are $665 and exotics are around $750? 

That is pretty spot on for pricing. Rare shells are more. I thought the regulars were slightly more than that at this point though.

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They regulars are in the $700 range. Weird on the tsm website the black2210s are more expensive than the #8s.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can pick up Alden white bucks in blucher style with a red micro sole? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. Cheers.

green garden

Reaction score
Did everyone who got the whiskey LWB from Alden NYC get a call or email letting them know they were on the way?
They called but didn't leave a message. I called them after I saw the posts here about the delivery. They sent me the tracking info quickly. Friday delivery for me.

LittleViti

Reaction score
Gentlemen, all the shoes posted today looked awesome! I kind of felt guilty as I wore my C&J boots to Alden DC. Didn't think I was going to make it to the store.
@mdubs - I've worn my C&J to Alden DC before as well, fortunately Kathy didn't seem to mind.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@mdubs
  - I've worn my C&J to Alden DC before as well, fortunately Kathy didn't seem to mind.

I've wore my Alden chamois ranger mocs to the C&J store in Paris. While I was trying on the Islay boot the sales guy was checking out my Aldens and asking questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads