• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutrino

Reaction score
I popped into that russian store in Moscow that was mentioned a couple of times in this thread, without too much time on my hands. First time seeing shell in black and King, and also snuff suede, in person (the pairs I own are in cigar shell, natural CXL and navy suede). Something about the #8, I think my eyes are just not used to seeing shoes in such a color
smile.gif
I think I liked it but wasn't able to quite "get" it. The snuff was an instant hit for me though. I particularly liked the brass eyelets/hooks on this PT boot.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
headed to Hawaii tomorrow (for the 1st time!).....planning on taking flip flops, running shoes and one other pair for dinner/loafing around.....CXL LHS, snuff LHS or snuff PTBs?

My best advice, do not bring any shoes. Make a stop at Leather Soul and pick up something new! Works every time I travel with family, although I think my wife has caught on.
biggrin.gif

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on the limited-edition cadet blucher or the 9751 shell long wing. Probably the cadet since it’s a limited make-up on Barrie last. Decision, decisions!

Between those two, I strongly recommend the 9751. The perf cap toe blucher (cadet for j Crew) looks awkward to me. I suppose it's the barrie last for a shoe that looks best suited for a bal on a sleeker last. I don't know for sure, but it looks odd. Just because it's a special make-up doesn't necessarily mean it is special. (BTW, I man no disrespect to those that own the cadet.)

The 9751 is a classic!

partyof6

Reaction score
I just tried on the unlined LHS in color 8 at Brooks Brothers. It felt good but the side of the shoes bowed/pulled away from the inside part of my foot when I walked. No bowing while standing or sitting but a big gap with each step.

I've never owned a loafer. Is it normal to have this type of bowing/gap while walking?

Thank you for your help!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just tried on the unlined LHS in color 8 at Brooks Brothers. It felt good but the side of the shoes bowed/pulled away from the inside part of my foot when I walked. No bowing while standing or sitting but a big gap with each step.

I've never owned a loafer. Is it normal to have this type of bowing/gap while walking?

Thank you for your help!
normal for me anyway

Techdaddy

Reaction score
Between those two, I strongly recommend the 9751. The perf cap toe blucher (cadet for j Crew) looks awkward to me. I suppose it's the barrie last for a shoe that looks best suited for a bal on a sleeker last. I don't know for sure, but it looks odd. Just because it's a special make-up doesn't necessarily mean it is special. (BTW, I man no disrespect to those that own the cadet.)

The 9751 is a classic!

That is one good looking shoe my friend... Thanks for posting!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, with spring just around the corner I am falling in love with the LHS. Looks like I am going to have to keep an eye out on the used market for pair, I suppose I will just add it to my ever going list of wanted Aldens haha.

Do people usually go with their Barrie size?

Edit: Looks like a BB pair is currently on the bay in my Barrie size, seems resoled so I wonder how old they are. The uppers look like they are in good condition. Maybe I will throw a bid in.

Last edited:

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I popped into that russian store in Moscow that was mentioned a couple of times in this thread, without too much time on my hands. First time seeing shell in black and King, and also snuff suede, in person (the pairs I own are in cigar shell, natural CXL and navy suede). Something about the #8, I think my eyes are just not used to seeing shoes in such a color
smile.gif
I think I liked it but wasn't able to quite "get" it. The snuff was an instant hit for me though. I particularly liked the brass eyelets/hooks on this PT boot.

Neutrino

Love the snuff suede boots. Got my first crepe sole the other day, very comfortable. I'd like a cigar boot one day before i am done...and I know , we're never done :) sounds like your collection is off to a good start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads