• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious49

Reaction score
I grabbed those Ravello chukkas from Alden SF yesterday but I'm thinking that the brown kudu chukkas with the lug sole would get a lot more use out of me. I might have to send those Ravellos back as I swore earlier this year I'd only buy shoes that would see a lot of wear from me. If only the Ravellos had the commando sole or something that was more durable in rain and bad conditions.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you hit the shoe with the wooden part of the brush? When my dumb ass has done the very same thing I massage the wound on the horse heiney leather with a finger dipped in either Saphir Reno or that VSC stuff everybody thinks is the magic shoe lotion. Next its on to the dreaded "deer bone". Consult a YouTube video on how to best use the dreaded deer bone if your totally clueless, not you KWL, and always remember, "their shoes not Renbrandts". To prevent this from happening in the future it's best if one moderates his or her's alcohol intake while brushing. Leave the straight single-malt scotch and brushing to veterans like sazon.

This happens to me all the time. Someone needs to invent a brush with soft foam bumpers of some sort. At least on the corners. However, the market would be very small. Maybe only maniacal followers of the Mac method (like me)
shog[1].gif

kwanon

Reaction score
This happens to me all the time. Someone needs to invent a brush with soft foam bumpers of some sort. At least on the corners. However, the market would be very small. Maybe only maniacal followers of the Mac method (like me)
shog%5B1%5D.gif
You could substantially round all the edges on your brush(es) with some sandpaper and minimal time/effort. I've hit my shoe with the wood edge once or twice but never bad enough to gouge. Still, I might do that...

n-domino

Reaction score
I contacted LS about that order in December 2013. They said that the order had not been confirmed and that it could be another 18 months before the shoes arrived. At this point I'm writing the order off (I hope I am proven wrong).

Darn.

I heard from one of the LS guys in October 2013 that they were hoping for a confirmation in early 2014. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if what they told you ended up being closer to the truth.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Indy boots in natty CXL:

Love love LOVE. When I took them out of the box, I immediately thought of this photo (from Horween's blog):

docalden2013

Reaction score
Doc, Thanks a bunch for passing those up ... at least, I'm thinking that's the case at this point. I had sworn off exercising my ccard, but oh, the temptation was too strong. Now if I can just figger out a way to keep my 8.5D feet from swimming around too much ...
smile.gif
Good luck if you go for the ravello mct. Maybe a tongue pad and/or insole could do the job, but I'll defer to the wise sages on this thread for matters of fit. Post pics, wear often and in great health!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I grabbed those Ravello chukkas from Alden SF yesterday but I'm thinking that the brown kudu chukkas with the lug sole would get a lot more use out of me. I might have to send those Ravellos back as I swore earlier this year I'd only buy shoes that would see a lot of wear from me. If only the Ravellos had the commando sole or something that was more durable in rain and bad conditions.

Kudu boots w/commando are super durable and a great choice for bad weather. Ravellos not so much.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I grabbed those Ravello chukkas from Alden SF yesterday but I'm thinking that the brown kudu chukkas with the lug sole would get a lot more use out of me. I might have to send those Ravellos back as I swore earlier this year I'd only buy shoes that would see a lot of wear from me. If only the Ravellos had the commando sole or something that was more durable in rain and bad conditions.

I wear my cigar chukkas in rain, especially in the spring and fall. For some reason I feel like I wouldn't do the same with ravello. Chukkas can look very good with casual shoes, but if the kudu are more your style, go for them instead

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This happens to me all the time. Someone needs to invent a brush with soft foam bumpers of some sort. At least on the corners.  However, the market would be very small. Maybe only maniacal followers of the Mac method (like me)
shog%5B1%5D.gif

The market may be bigger than you think. Some of us like having a couple brushes at home for different shoe colors, one at the office, small travel brush, some to gift...
I would like brushes with leather covering a padded wood handle. Leffot or hanger project could offer them in different colors. Black, burgundy, brown, tan.... YES, I'd be all over that. Relatives never know what to buy some of us, these could be a huge hit.

It would be a mistake for alden to eliminate antique edging. I prefer antique, it allows for more casual pairings.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want to add a color 8 boot to my collection.

Deciding whether to go for the Jcrew captoe or search for a Tanker.

Having never tried on either ... can anyone comment on each style? I assume the captoe is dressier...but it's also pretty casual too...I think.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went Ravello LWBs on Wednesday... I am a little behind. :)
It rained today, so I went with my beater shoes. Which is an older Allen Edmonds Burgundy Shell Wingtip. -Mike
So, So beaut. Got to get these back into my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads