• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

violethour1951

Reaction score
Very sad that I parted with my cigar shell captoe boots, but I hope they are with a happy owner now! If only Alden made balmoral boots...

Anyone interested in a pair of Ravello shell shortwings?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I just called Alden DC and they told me they have 3 shell makeups due to the shop in late January.  

1) Ravello medallion cap toe on the plaza last
2) Ravello plain toe blucher on barrie 
3) Cigar cap toe boot on grant 

Not sure about sizes available, but I put myself on these lists.  A couple of people will need to decline for me pick them up, but you never know.

Other than that, the shell offerings will apparently be less frequent in the future.  I was told that even #8 and black are a longer wait for production now than in the past.  

I'm not even going to bother calling then as I believe we are the same size...

thams

Reaction score
I talked to Kathy about the Medallion Cap Toes and passed on them also. :)
For me, they seem a little too dressy for my typical wardrobe. I'm only required to wear a suit 3-4 times per month and the rest is slacks and tie. Even then I work from home a couple of times per week so more casual makeups are spot on for me.

EngProf

Reaction score
Hampton is my favorite last. I also own a Plaza boot, which is also quite comfortable for me in the exact same size. (7.5D).

coinopcollector

Reaction score

Coinopcollector-Thanks for the info on the Hanovers. A very interesting history, I'm glad I made the choice. If interested the eBay item number is 301011597125
I should have them mid to late next week. IMHO they are in excellent condition with very minimum wear.

See Ya,
Steve

Very very nice. Great score.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just called Alden DC and they told me they have 3 shell makeups due to the shop in late January.  

1) Ravello medallion cap toe on the plaza last
2) Ravello plain toe blucher on barrie 
3) Cigar cap toe boot on grant 

Not sure about sizes available, but I put myself on these lists.  A couple of people will need to decline for me pick them up, but you never know.

Other than that, the shell offerings will apparently be less frequent in the future.  I was told that even #8 and black are a longer wait for production now than in the past.  

Alden DC has been selling the ravello cap toes and cigar Grant boots for a while. The PTBs are "stock." More proof that Alden is prioritizing stock models and retailers that have older makeups when it comes to rare cordovan.

thams

Reaction score
Alden DC has been selling the ravello cap toes and cigar Grant boots for a while. The PTBs are "stock." More proof that Alden is prioritizing stock models and retailers that have older makeups when it comes to rare cordovan.
Yeah, I knew they routinely carried the cap toes but I didn't realize the others were standing orders in production.

I was just complaining to my wife that Alden DC placed two ravello orders in September and will be receiving them in January while other ravello orders have been pending for 1.5 years and longer. Seems ridiculous to me although I understand why Alden stores would gain precedence over other shops. I just wish they would spread the shell love a little.

aldenfan

Reaction score
What care regime do you gentleman recommend for Alden Indy 403 boots? I have worn them 20-30 times with only shoe-trees and occasional brushing. They are looking a little dry and scuffed to me.

1. Is that something Saphir Renovateur would be good for? Some type of leather conditioner?
2. What about wax polish? Any particular color?

Thanks!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Alden DC is getting a cigar captoe boot in. I have been on the list for about a year and a half. When I got my whiskey PTB's a few weeks ago I inquired about them and they still had not been confirmed. Would be pretty unlikely that it went confirmed and due for delivery in such a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads