• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Not an ounce of shell to be had on the 7.5, 8 and 8.5 lists

zbix

Reaction score
This is actually the first time it's worked for me, and they came to my gmail address... so who knows.

wildstar

Reaction score
I use gmail and I got the TSM emails. I got them last time too.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have gmail and I haven't had any problems getting all the 2nds lists I'm signed up for. Been that way for at least a year or so.

MrDV and SFTG - thanks for confirming Barrie for those Cigar NST shoes. If they were boots, I would have been all over them, but 12D Barrie shoes are too wide for me unfortunately.

Last edited:

coinopcollector

Reaction score

Shell really is going to be a thing of the past soon, isn't it?

An Alden dealer told me recently that Horween is experiencing a lot of competition in purchasing hides from Canada and France. The specific claim was that the Chineese are buying and stockpiling all the horse hides in an attempt to drive prices up.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Competition is good. Maybe shoes will be completed sometime this decade. This still doesn't explain the decline in QC.

Last edited:

coinopcollector

Reaction score

I struggle with tassels and full strap loafers. I barely pull off wearing lhs.
Does anyone else feels one is more "conservative" than the others?

I'm only bringing it up because the cigar full strap would fit me, but I'm not tempted. If they were cigar lhs... I would have bought them 2 Saturdays ago.

As for tassels, one of my close friends is as conservative and traditional a dresser as you will ever see, straight out of J. Press. A different sack suit for every day of the week. He wears shell tassels weekly. In fact I think they he said they are Alden from Ben Silver, another conservative/trad clothier.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

An Alden dealer told me recently that Horween is experiencing a lot of competition in purchasing hides from Canada and France. The specific claim was that the Chineese are buying and stockpiling all the horse hides in an attempt to drive prices up.

I ******* knew it! The Chinese are attempting to sabotage the America by hording dead horses. Gawd. give them the oil, keep the horse hides. That's what I say. We need to build that xl pipeline and pump every damn horse - dead or alive - straight to chicago.

I think I'll run for office on this platform. Given the recent hot streak of the tea party, this none sense just might be enough to get me elected!

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I ******* knew it! The Chinese are attempting to sabotage the America by hording dead horses. Gawd. give them the oil, keep the horse hides. That's what I say

I think I'll run for office on this platform

You got my vote if it puts more shells on my feet.

coinopcollector

Reaction score

I ******* knew it! The Chinese are attempting to sabotage the America by hording dead horses. Gawd. give them the oil, keep the horse hides. That's what I say. We need to build that xl pipeline and pump every damn horse - dead or alive - straight to chicago.

I think I'll run for office on this platform. Given the recent hot streak of the tea party, this none sense just might be enough to get me elected!

ROFL

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sabyqa5y.jpg

5ujymame.jpg

It's a beautiful day for #8 tassels and my trusty Daytona.

nephew,
looking good

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look absolutely stunning!
thank you mdubs. they are.

Gorgeous.
thank you brp2.

congrats. these are just awesome!
thanks sazon

biggrin.gif

My favorites as well. Amazing shoes. Congrats
thanks donl.

Congrats on a grail purchase, they look incredible.
thank you sir.

Absolutely stunning, Mr.DV
thank you tifosi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads