1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

That is funny.

And even more so because undoubtedly true!

2. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

I had them too and sold them. I didn't really care for how the true balance fit me with shell so they were rarely worn. I didn't find them to be too stubby for me, then again I like my 64 last Galway, find it very casual. The color on mine were great though.

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I basically exclusively wear shoes with metal shanks when I travel. I always remove my shoes and put them through the scanner. No issues.

Honestly my shoe trees have attracted more attention than the actual shoes more often than not.

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

True.

What makes it such a PITA in pre-check is you start taking them off because you know they'll set off the alarm but they remind you you're in the pre-check line and to not take them off. But then they set off the alarm and you have to take them off.

And it's not like Aldens are the only shoes that have metal shanks.

5. AdamJaz

AdamJaz Member

The TSA agents generally know what I'm doing when taking off a pair of Alden shoes in the Pre-Check lane (in LGA, BDL, and MSN). What's more amusing are the Florida-bound first-time-on-a-plane folks randomly opted into Pre-Check telling me not to take off my shoes. "I fly every week; I got this, thanks." But, with slightly less attitude. Recently, a gentleman stopped to tell me my shoes looked incredibly comfortable. The middle aged woman who told me not to take them off started showing off her gel-lined flip flops. The old dude asked if they were cordovan. "Yes." He responded it's rare to find shoes these days made in that manner. The woman couldn't understand the allure of my shoes, and she kept trying to talk about how nothing could be more comfortable than her flip flops. It was pretty funny. Pro Tip: Put them in a bin, so they don't get tumbled around where the conveyor belt meets the rollers and standing luggage.

6. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Ha, doing that in San Diego wouldn't be worth the effort. I would only be able to take shoes from myself. NYC on the other hand...

7. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

-

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I wasn't impressed with NYC fashion. It's certainly a tad better than SF, but too many dark colors, conservative styling. The avg person there dresses slightly better than the avg person here, but the low end here is much lower than NYC. The top end, however, I feel is almost a wash.

Hands down the best styling I've seen, in order:

Tokyo
    Paris

10. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Thank you Kwaker

11. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Thank you aldenwear

12. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

Got a pair of Leffot Unlined Dovers that came today. On the right shoe there are 3 small holes and another spot that is more like a tear. I know Alden has claimed this will fill in, but what are thoughts on this? It is pretty close to where I think it will crease, will it get bigger?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

^ Those aren't holes or tears...it's character. Wear 'em, enjoy 'em. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

thank you

15. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

16. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    looking good

17. sazon

sazon Senior member

If this crazy thunderstorm in NYC doesn't let up soon in NYC, these suede Indys will be testing the limits of the Tarrago Nano spray...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

I wore Alden suede PTB to work today and left the office just in time before the storm here in NJ.

19. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    carry the overshoes in your attaché case or keep a pair in the office

20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar wt boot
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
Thread Status: