• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TactileOne

Reaction score
1) The Braves have recently been hamstrung by a bad TV deal... While other teams are flush with TV money, the Braves are stuck in an antiquated contract that undervalues the team's importance to its local network. That deal is apparently in place for a couple of decades, so it will be tough to get out of. The Dodgers can spend whatever they want while the Braves (who have a huge, but diffuse fanbase) can't. Once the Braves to get out of that contract, though, expect the team value to rise

2) As I mentioned, the fanbase is diffuse (Atlanta isn't a dense town), so it is difficult to get to games. However, the Braves have the most fans in the region, from Virgina to Alabama to Northern Florida through Arkansas (though that approaches Cardinals territory)

3) The Braves ran into the Yankees buzzsaw in the late 1990s and some other great teams (Twins, Jays, etc). Otherwise, there would have been more titles won.

4) The Braves won the NL East (over the much more hyped Nats and Phillies) with a very young roster that will get better with age. Guys like Medlen, Minor and Teheran are years away from their prime, not to mention our young batters (Freeman, Heyward, etc). The future is very bright.

5) This series ain't over

I hope not, will be cheering on the Braves tonight going to be a late one. Was at the game Friday my eardrums are just recovering.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of that J Crew code -- but out of the Alden context -- does anyone have any advice on how the AS double monks fit vis a vis Alden lasts?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I grew up in Atlanta but have lived in NYC / the Northeast for several years now... For baseball and football I am all Atlanta (Braves, Falcons), but for NBA/NHL, I have transitioned over to New York teams (Nets, Rangers).

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is always periodic debate about Alden's wait times and shortages, so I just wanted to point people over to the Epaulet X Carmina MTO thread... Apparently some Carmina orders have experienced some difficulty (this isn't a knock on Carmina or Epaulet - I shop at Epaulet and it is a great store with great owners, and Carmina seems to be a great product). One of the posts said that Epaulet has run 200 MTO units through Carmina. This to me illustrates the point that many Alden alternatives brought up in this thread from time to time are relatively small compared to Alden. How many thousands of units annually does Alden do for retailers just in cordovan? As demand grows for MTO cordovan, suede, and other makeups from these retailers, leather supply and wait times will increase. Your favorite Alden alternative now may end up experiencing delays in a year...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, I grew up in Atlanta but have lived in NYC / the Northeast for several years now... For baseball and football I am all Atlanta (Braves, Falcons), but for NBA/NHL, I have transitioned over to New York teams (Nets, Rangers).

GIFSoup

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
katch: What is the consensus on the NST Plaza JGilbert Tanker Boot in #8?

I have many Alden shells, shoes and boots, in all the shell colors, including the boot you speak of. Simply put, it is one of Alden's best. :nodding:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

katch: What is the consensus on the NST Plaza JGilbert Tanker Boot in #8?

I have many Alden shells, shoes and boots, in all the shell colors, including the boot you speak of. Simply put, it is one of Alden's best. :nodding:

Just added myself to the list for them today.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Breaking out the Indys on this rainy Monday night.

aldenwear

Reaction score

I grew up in the ATL as well but have ended up in the Middle West.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Taking the Leffot Tankers out for a spin today. Many thanks to wildstar for them!
Man those are pretty! I passed on them from Wildstar, but only cause I have a pre-order with Leffot for them! Can't wait till next year!

wildstar

Reaction score
Taking the Leffot Tankers out for a spin today. Many thanks to wildstar for them!

They look great on you man! I miss them but glad to know they will be appreciated :)

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aldens on tv.
I saw a pair of ls saddle bluchers #4 - black shell. A guy is wearing them in the iPhone 5c for the colorful commercial. I was excited, pretty rare pair of shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads