• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leica m

Reaction score
What is best for treating natural cxl boots: Lexol, Saphir renovateur or a paste wax.
The dealer provided me with Meltonian boot & shoe cream polish; is that OK to use? Just want to be sure, as I don't want to darken the natural leather.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is best for treating natural cxl boots: Lexol, Saphir renovateur or a paste wax.
The dealer provided me with Meltonian boot & shoe cream polish; is that OK to use? Just want to be sure, as I don't want to darken the natural leather.

NOT paste wax.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really liking these

totalair1

Reaction score
Someone won the lottery! Great acquisitions... wear in great health my friend!!
Thank you very much! Your tip helped me score the Cigar belts!

I also ordered a pair of the Whiskey Wing Tip-Bal. Hopefully those also fit! I feel extremely lucky with the rare colors I've scored lately, in shoes and belts. Most places I called had no shell belts in any color, and few if any shoes in rare colors. The place I've had the best luck this week was Alden New York. I got 6 pairs, 2 cigar and 4 whiskey. Barely missed out on a Ravello Chukka. Based on the whiskeys I've seen lately as they age, they darken and get a great patina.

See Ya,
Steve

totalair1

Reaction score
nice haul ... but save the stone-washed denim for gardening
wink.gif
Ha-I hear you on the denim! I'm in a weight loss mode and stayed away from anything fancy in denim lately. Will score some soon. It's raining cats and dogs in Plano, TX today so I went casual. I do have some decent slacks I wear. I will be tacking the fashion slacks soon.

See Ya,
Steve

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you don't want to darken it than positively don't use Meltonian cream, even if "neutral."

Get yourself some Saphir Renovateur, and use it sparingly.

Also of note: Natural CXL will always darken over time with wear and subsequent care. Expect this. Embrace it. Meltonian will speed up this process significantly and turn the boots quickly to a more golden tone, away from the grey/beige they start out. A good, clean, stiff brush is your best friend.

This is an evolution of my NatCXL Indys using only Meltonian, before springing for Saphir at the advice of board-knowledge.

Ex.

Last edited:

totalair1

Reaction score
Good stuff. I have the whiskey and cigar chukkas, both are excellent models. Your cigar split toe loafers and whiskey NSTs both look excellent. Could I ask where you got these from?

TSM has a cigar NST blucher in my size... I have more cigar than anything else but they are still calling my name...
Whiskey NST on Barrie are from TSM. I saw Cigar and Whiskey in multiple sizes this am at TSM. Everything I posted today was from Alden NYC. They had a bunch of rare color in 13E and 13D, and it all fit. i also have a few more pairs coming will post as I get them.

See Ya,
Steve

aldenfan

Reaction score
Whiskey NST on Barrie are from TSM. I saw Cigar and Whiskey in multiple sizes this am at TSM. Everything I posted today was from Alden NYC. They had a bunch of rare color in 13E and 13D, and it all fit. i also have a few more pairs coming will post as I get them.

See Ya,
Steve
Were there 13D sizes on TSM as well? Did Alden NYC have more in size 13D? Anyone have their number? It appears only the address is listed on Alden's website.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were there 13D sizes on TSM as well? Did Alden NYC have more in size 13D? Anyone have their number? It appears only the address is listed on Alden's website.
(212) 687-3023 <--- I found this using a really cool website called "google.com". You should try it
wink.gif

totalair1

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any chukkas in 13D Cigar, Whiskey, or Ravello on TSM site. I bought everything Alden NYC had in Whiskey, and Cigar. They did not have any Ravello.

I do know where a pair of Cigar with tassels are in 13d. The phone # posted by Bakes11771 is correct.

See Ya,
Steve

Last edited:

aldenfan

Reaction score
(212) 687-3023 <--- I found this using a really cool website called "google.com". You should try it
wink.gif
Thanks! Haha I tried the Great Google before I posted, but I mistakenly searched for "alden New York" and didn't get any numbers. Lesson learned :)

aldenfan

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any chukkas in 13D Cigar, Whiskey, or Ravello on TSM site. I bought everything Alden NYC had in Whiskey, and Cigar. They did not have any Ravello.

I do know where a pair of Cigar with tassels are in 13d. The phone # posted by Bakes11771 is correct.

See Ya,
Steve
Wow cleared them out haha. Nice work :). Unfortunately not a fan of tassels. Thanks.

Anyone know of exotic shell offerings in 13D that don't have tassels?

Thanks!

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow cleared them out haha. Nice work :). Unfortunately not a fan of tassels. Thanks.

Anyone know of exotic shell offerings in 13D that don't have tassels?

Thanks!

I agree, not just anyone can pull off the tassel look...

...but when done correctly, they are tough to compete with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads