***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

I just saw those over at LS... they look amazing... [​IMG] Is NST different enough from moc toe to warrant a purchase?

2. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I actually like the Commando Soles on those NST boots. To each their own I guess.
    +1

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

This is such a great shoe. Everything just comes together. I am jealous. [​IMG]

thank you

4. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Those are beauties !

Kind regards,

William

thank you

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    whiskey nst

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

Tom, can we get the plaintoe plaza lasted cordovan boot in black, with a rear leather pull?

That would be amazing.

7. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Recently picked these up on Ebay. I'm really liking them so far, but I have no idea what what last they are on. My only other Aldens are 405s in 11E. These are 11 1/2D and seem to run a little longer and narrower. I'm wondering if anyone can identify the last?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second photo is not at all representative of the actual color.

8. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Recently picked these up on Ebay. I'm really liking them so far, but I have no idea what what last they are on. My only other Aldens are 405s in 11E. These are 11 1/2D and seem to run a little longer and narrower. I'm wondering if anyone can identify the last?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second photo is not at all representative of the actual color.

Looks like Barrie.

9. jerrybrowne

Hello,

I have an area near the heel of a new-ish pair of #8 V-tips with a very dull finish. No matter how much brushing or polishing with flannel it won't go away. Do you guys have any ideas?

TIA

10. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

I actually like the Commando Soles on those NST boots. To each their own I guess.

The commando is perfect for the NST boots. Hard to resist them in that brown...

11. quantrell

quantrell Member

LSBH is fantastic, bought a pair of black shell PT boots today in honor of it's opening.

12. jerrybrowne

LSBH is fantastic, bought a pair of black shell PT boots today in honor of it's opening.

Any interesting makeups?

13. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

Wow MiniW! those look very nice. Would you say the soft calf leather fits a bit looser or tighter than normal leather (or shell for that matter)? I'm curious since I've tried some Indy boots in a soft calf and they were much looser than the shell and chromexel counterparts.

Indys in soft calf? What model is that? I would say that these NST in soft calf fit about what I would expect for a size 7.5 D Barrie Last. They are actually pretty tight but I expect them to stretch a few mms here and there and be a great fit. I probably won't wear them until the Fall so we'll see. Also I think the commando soles are a huge plus to the shoes so it is a personal preference.

In my experience (and take it for what it's worth from a guy who owns about 10 pairs of Aldens) is that shell cordovan shoes fit about 0.25 size larger than its calf counterpart. So it may be just a tad roomier but not so much to warrant getting a larger size. Again the best option is to try a pair on in an Alden store and purchase the exact pair that you tried on and you know fits you well. Of course I only done that once so I understand where all the questions about sizing comes from.

14. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

Suggestions for reorders are always welcomed.

Not exactly a reorder but... I'd be interested in the tan suede barrie chukka or Snuff PT Boot with one small request... gunboat style with double leather sole. [​IMG]

15. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.