• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw those over at LS... they look amazing...
tank22.jpg
Is NST different enough from moc toe to warrant a purchase?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
I actually like the Commando Soles on those NST boots. To each their own I guess.
+1

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
This is such a great shoe. Everything just comes together. I am jealous.
blush.gif

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by William S.
Those are beauties !

Kind regards,

William

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2nlxnr9.jpg

whiskey nst

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom, can we get the plaintoe plaza lasted cordovan boot in black, with a rear leather pull?

That would be amazing.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Recently picked these up on Ebay. I'm really liking them so far, but I have no idea what what last they are on. My only other Aldens are 405s in 11E. These are 11 1/2D and seem to run a little longer and narrower. I'm wondering if anyone can identify the last?

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Second photo is not at all representative of the actual color.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
Recently picked these up on Ebay. I'm really liking them so far, but I have no idea what what last they are on. My only other Aldens are 405s in 11E. These are 11 1/2D and seem to run a little longer and narrower. I'm wondering if anyone can identify the last?

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Second photo is not at all representative of the actual color.

Looks like Barrie.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
I actually like the Commando Soles on those NST boots. To each their own I guess.

The commando is perfect for the NST boots. Hard to resist them in that brown...

quantrell

Reaction score
LSBH is fantastic, bought a pair of black shell PT boots today in honor of it's opening.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saracen
Wow MiniW! those look very nice. Would you say the soft calf leather fits a bit looser or tighter than normal leather (or shell for that matter)? I'm curious since I've tried some Indy boots in a soft calf and they were much looser than the shell and chromexel counterparts.

Indys in soft calf? What model is that? I would say that these NST in soft calf fit about what I would expect for a size 7.5 D Barrie Last. They are actually pretty tight but I expect them to stretch a few mms here and there and be a great fit. I probably won't wear them until the Fall so we'll see. Also I think the commando soles are a huge plus to the shoes so it is a personal preference.

In my experience (and take it for what it's worth from a guy who owns about 10 pairs of Aldens) is that shell cordovan shoes fit about 0.25 size larger than its calf counterpart. So it may be just a tad roomier but not so much to warrant getting a larger size. Again the best option is to try a pair on in an Alden store and purchase the exact pair that you tried on and you know fits you well. Of course I only done that once so I understand where all the questions about sizing comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads