• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sevenfold, do you know the differences between the M-75 and the Plaza last? BTW, reviews on the BB site say they are on the Plaza. I trust you more than I trust any of the reviewers.

Few differences. If anything, I find the Plaza to have a bit more space in the toe box , but not by much. At least that is my experience. For the M-75, get your Plaza size.

I know these are on the M-75 by way of direct email communications with Alden. FWIW, I have a contact person at Alden HQ that is wonderful in responding to my requests for information and confirmation. :nodding:

I also have the BB version in black shell. :D

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Few differences. If anything, I find the Plaza to have a bit more space in the toe box , but not by much. At least that is my experience. For the M-75, get your Plaza size.

I know these are on the M-75 by way of direct email communications with Alden. FWIW, I have a contact person at Alden HQ that is wonderful in responding to my requests for information and confirmation. :nodding:

I also have the BB version in black shell. :D

Thanks. That's why I said I would trust you over the reviewers. :nodding:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LS shortwings on VDAY

These are awesome. The shortwing blucher in any shell is one of Aldens top offerengs imo.

It's a sexy shoe in black shell :slayer:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

something to consider - i found the commando sole + black combo to be too militaristic, much preferred the double leather soles on black boots

natural cxl chukka from pelle line:

These are fantastic. Awesome summer option when you dont feel like suede

digga

Reaction score
Currently in AE i have:

Shell Burgundy Dalton, Brown Malvern, Tan Amok, Grey McTavish, Black Westchester, Black Hale, Black Park Ave,

Tan RL Singleton, Blue Neumok, Red Neumok, Navy Sueded Players, Brown Patriot, Brown Fifth Ave, Dark Brown Williams,

Tan RL Sanderson, Bourbon Neumora, Walnut Grain Park Ave, Chili Lasalle, Tan Elgin, Walnut McAllister, Walnut Strand

So definitely need more shell I think

I'm pretty new here, but I would start with the 990 PTB. I don't know what all of those shoes you listed are, so maybe you already have something similar.

Last edited:

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty new here, but I would start with the 990 PTB.  I don't know what all of those shoes you listed are, so maybe you already have something similar.
I concure whole heartily. The Alden 990 PTB in #8 shell was my first. Fantastically versital and comfortable shoe.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Epaulet has a very cool calf boot they'll be putting up soon.

digga

Reaction score
Do you mean who owns it or who sells it?

I just got a pair like a week ago from Hunt Club clothiers in Cincinnati.

I also got a LWB from Hunt Club a week ago. Speaking of which, they said the next sale will be in July.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of the only models where the Alden for BB version is, IMO, quite different than the factory version. I own both versions in color 8. The BB version is on a sleeker last (M-75, like Plaza). The factory version - 974 - is, as you say, on the Tremont. I went 1/2 size down on the 974 Tremont and TTS on the BB version. Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif
Thanks SevenFTG. That is very helpful. The BB version may be my next acquisition. I would like to pick up a pair on the plaza; or the m75 in this case.

mr chorizo

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads