• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While I appreciate the beauty - I just don't think I could wear a 2-eylet Chukka.

I like my shoes to feel tight and just can't get over feeling like they would feel too loose?

None of my two eyelet shell chukkas are too loose. Some find that to be the case, but not all.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
look at the factory style 560 or 561
I'm considering a Suede Tassel. Already have #8 and have plans for Cigar Tassels, but thinking about suede in addition.

I haven't bought a pair of calf shoes since I got my first pair of shells. That was 8 shoe purchases ago. I barely wear my calf shoes anymore, but wore a pair on Wednesday due to the threat of inclement weather. I have Swims, but just think of them as fit for occasions when I get caught in a bind. If I'm sure it will rain/snow I leave the shell at home.

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score

I'm considering a Suede Tassel.  Already have #8 and have plans for Cigar Tassels, but thinking about suede in addition.

I haven't bought a pair of calf shoes since I got my first pair of shells.  That was 8 shoe purchases ago.  I barely wear my calf shoes anymore, but wore a pair on Wednesday due to the threat of inclement weather.  I have Swims, but just think of them as fit for occasions when I get caught in a bind.  If I'm sure it will rain/snow I leave the shell at home.

i have navy suede tassels from leffot. they get more compliments than any shoe i own.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may unsubscribe from this thread. I mean come on, Uncle Mac, Sevenfold and some others were talking about how underrated black shell is and then I began to think . . . . Thinking is definitely bad. I purchased a pair of black medallion cap toes from Alden of Madison Ave today. I really need to stop reading this thread.

Good choice my friend. Good choice.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have huge disadvantage of not having retail store nearby.

All of my Aldens were bought online. The only somewhat local place I have is LSBH.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Di you guys wear #8 NST commando soles plaza last boots with jeans?

Absolutely. JGilbert's plaza lasted color 8 boot on the commando sole is my favorite high boot make up. I have various models in that make up. And I wear them all with jeans, and of course with many other things as well.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leffot Cigar Indy

Those look great, I want a pair.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try them out in the spring or summer with thin or no socks. You will appreciate the flex sole and the lack of a lining. It's a different kind of comfort

Good advice here.

I wear my snuff suede unlined pubs without socks in the summer all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads