• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. I'll have to check out later. Could use a laugh right now

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NRO Update: I decided to order a cigar LHS from NRO earlier today, just in case they actually had it. As expected, I received a message stating that they were "at least 16 weeks from shipment." I assume it will be the same for anything marked limited edition.

Provided NRO has #8 PTBs in stock, I'm now having an internal debate about whether the ravello PTBs I recently acquired are really worth a ($710 - 0.75 * $625 =) $241.25 premium over #8 PTBs. And no, owning both is not the way I'd like to go at this time. :)

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NRO Update: I decided to order a cigar LHS from NRO earlier today, just in case they actually had it. As expected, I received a message stating that they were "at least 16 weeks from shipment." I assume it will be the same for anything marked limited edition.
Provided NRO has #8 PTBs in stock, I'm now having an internal debate about whether the ravello PTBs I recently acquired are really worth a ($710 - 0.75 * $625 =) $241.25 premium over #8 PTBs. And no, owning both is not the way I'd like to go at this time. :)

I thought the 25% off code at NRO didn't work on Aldens. Did I miss something?

jimney

Reaction score
Provided NRO has #8 PTBs in stock, I'm now having an internal debate about whether the ravello PTBs I recently acquired are really worth a ($710 - 0.75 * $625 =) $241.25 premium over #8 PTBs. And no, owning both is not the way I'd like to go at this time.
smile.gif
I'm having an internal debate about whether I should jump on the #8 PTBs now, instead of waiting until October like I told myself I would.

Also, do you have to go all the way to the end of the checkout process before you can enter the code? I didn't see the option in the first page or two before entering my billing info.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have both and like them both. But keep this in mind: ravello is much harder to find, and, from what I have been told, it will become even harder still.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm having an internal debate about whether I should jump on the #8 PTBs now, instead of waiting until October like I told myself I would.

Also, do you have to go all the way to the end of the checkout process before you can enter the code?  I didn't see the option in the first page or two before entering my billing info.

The code no longer applies. They must have corrected this mid day.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have both and like them both. But keep this in mind: ravello is much harder to find, and, from what I have been told, it will become even harder still.

I guess it's moot since the code no longer works. You're right that ravello is rare, which is one of the reasons I jumped on them. I think I'm just having a hard time justifying the cost to myself. First world problems.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any group shots lately so I took one of my current line up. I included lasts and sizes to show how my sizing has evolved over the years. The larger sizes fit with the use of insoles. Apologies for the iPhone pic. My son took his DSLR to school today...

img0670nk.jpg

Top (L-R)
AoC AF84 Brown Calf Wingtip Boot (Barrie - 8.5D)
J. Gilbert Cigar Indy (Trubalance - 8D)
Alden DC Cigar Captoe Boot (Grant - 9D)
Alden DC #8 Captoe Boot (Grant - 8.5D)

Bottom (L-R)
ShoeMart 2nd Snuff Suede PTB (Barrie - 8D)
Leffot Ravello LWB (Barrie - 8D)
#8 LHS (Van - 8.5D)
#8 PTB (Barrie - 8.5D)

Simplicio

Reaction score
^ You have the Grant last captoe in 2 different sizes. Out of curiosity, which fits better? (I'm on the waiting list for that boot in cigar. ) I suppose I should also ask which of your Barrie last sizes fits better.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ You have the Grant last captoe in 2 different sizes. Out of curiosity, which fits better? (I'm on the waiting list for that boot in cigar. ) I suppose I should also ask which of your Barrie last sizes fits better.

I reallized after trial and error that I'm a 8D in the Barrie. They fit better than the 8.5D. As for the Grant the 9D is a little loose even when I use a leather insole with an arch. However it fit a little better because the toe box is not as narrow than on the 8.5D. Hope this helps.

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
I haven't seen any group shots lately so I took one of my current line up. I included lasts and sizes to show how my sizing has evolved over the years. The larger sizes fit with the use of insoles. Apologies for the iPhone pic. My son took his DSLR to school today...
img0670nk.jpg
Gorgeous.

advan031

Reaction score

img0670nk.jpg

Top (L-R)
AoC AF84 Brown Calf Wingtip Boot (Barrie - 8.5D)
J. Gilbert Cigar Indy (Trubalance - 8D)
Alden DC Cigar Captoe Boot (Grant - 9D)
Alden DC #8 Captoe Boot (Grant - 8.5D)
Bottom (L-R)
ShoeMart 2nd Snuff Suede PTB (Barrie - 8D)
Leffot Ravello LWB (Barrie - 8D)
#8 LHS (Van - 8.5D)
#8 PTB (Barrie - 8.5D)

Very nice! Does your Alden DC Color 8 cap toe have commando sole? I've been wanting another color 8 captoe in grant last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads