• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

terradilavoro

Reaction score

Darn! Okay, good to know. Anyone else have similar experiences with grainy shell?

Hi,

i did - and i got lucky after a Pro did a remarkable Job on my LWB and Trickers also.
It's worth to check his work on http://www.shoe-shine-coach.de/

Have a look - no Photoshop used!

Als Besipiel dient ein Paar Alden Longwings. (Shell Cordovan # 8)
Hier war selbst der cordovantypische Glanz verloren, nachdem der Besitzer die Oberfläche mit zu vielen Pflegemitteln und zu viel Druck (nein, viel hilft NICHT viel!) bearbeitet hatte.
Translation via Goolge
An example is a pair of Alden Long Wings. (Shell cordovan # 8)
Here even the cordovantypische luster was lost after the owner (no, NOT a lot helps a lot!) The surface with too many maintenance products and too much pressure had worked.

Ausdauernde Behandlung mit Saphir Cordovan Pflege (71) und einem harten glatten Reibewerkzeug (ähnlich einem Shoe-Bone) erzeugt den begehrten Hochglanz.
Translation via Google
Persistent treatment with sapphire Cordovan Care (71) and a hard smooth grater tool (similar to a shoe-Bone) produced the coveted glossy.

Trickers Black Shell Cordovan before / after Service

something unreal
zaskarion-albums-schuhe-picture616-trickers-x-conrad-hasselbach-special-edition-last-w2298-style-m7368-shell-cordovan-japanischen-gerberei-shinki-hikaku-derby-heart-brogueing-broke-my-heart-frisch-aufbereitet-profi-guardsmenshine-politur.jpg

don't give up - all you need is professional help - unfortunately TSSC is based in Germany.

cheerio
Joachim

Last edited:

terradilavoro

Reaction score
something unreal - considering the LWB is more than 10 years old - the Tricker'd apprx. 5 years.

Last edited:

Ascelone

Reaction score
Can anyone post some pictures of how the platina of a black shell cordovan will look like?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i did - and i got lucky after a Pro did a remarkable Job on my LWB and Trickers also.
Hier war selbst der cordovantypische Glanz verloren, nachdem der Besitzer die Oberfläche mit zu vielen Pflegemitteln und zu viel Druck (nein, viel hilft NICHT viel!) bearbeitet hatte.
Translation via Goolge
Here even the cordovantypische luster was lost after the owner (no, NOT a lot helps a lot!) The surface with too many maintenance products and too much pressure had worked.

something unreal
zaskarion-albums-schuhe-picture616-trickers-x-conrad-hasselbach-special-edition-last-w2298-style-m7368-shell-cordovan-japanischen-gerberei-shinki-hikaku-derby-heart-brogueing-broke-my-heart-frisch-aufbereitet-profi-guardsmenshine-politur.jpg

don't give up - all you need is professional help - unfortunately TSSC is based in Germany.
cheerio
Joachim

This post adds tremendous value to the thread. Thanks for your contribution.

Chicagobred

Reaction score

The Tan Suede Blucher has a more relaxed look than any other shoes in that category. And I think I like it. Well, I live in a country where we have four seasons, I am not sure if it works to use those shoes in the fall, winter or spring season. Btw, I am a student so I would love to buy shell cordovan shoes, but I can't wear them everyday like you guys. One day, I can do the same as you. So there is no reason to buy pretty expensive shoes I only wear one time pr quarter.  

How is the size and the quality of these shoes?

I'm curious if anyone has before/after pics of an Alden suede shoe after being sent back for restoration. I've seen a lot of before/after for calf and cordovan, but never suede.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Alden shell experts/wizards/geniuses-

Since the thread is currently discussing a few fixes to shell that have been accomplished, riddle me this. Do you think this is salvageable?

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
Hi,
Translation via Goolge
Ausdauernde Behandlung mit Saphir Cordovan Pflege (71) und einem harten glatten Reibewerkzeug (ähnlich einem Shoe-Bone) erzeugt den begehrten Hochglanz.
Translation via Google
Persistent treatment with sapphire Cordovan Care (71) and a hard smooth grater tool (similar to a shoe-Bone) produced the coveted glossy.
Trickers Black Shell Cordovan before / after Service
something unreal

cheerio
Joachim
amazing before and after photos! time to get meself a deer bone and try this. frankfurt is indeed too far away!

REguy

Reaction score
A unique kiltie make-up an extra perf wingtip from Beams along with some vintage Atoms (none of the pics are mine). I really love the large punching on the Atoms, and the finishing seems a bit more refined than today's output.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Have you tried brushing it yet? I think you can improve it significantly by brushing it and using a little reno or venetian.

Thank you, I don't actually own them yet. I figure I should be able to get them looking half decent.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys use for shoe trees for your Alden boots? I have lots of regular shoe trees, but no boot trees... but I'm not sure if that's important for boots that just go over your ankles?

I just use standard shoe trees on all my Alden boots, seems to work fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics