1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Then you must be as pissed at your landlords as I am :)

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if another run of the LS cigar jumper boots were made before the Thor boot is made. What was the last time a group MTO order was actually produced? The whiksey Indy boots a few years ago?

3. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

I'm getting the weird sensation that someone is trying to make me call Kathy at Alden DC so she can put me on a Cigar boot wait list.

4. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Everybody's got that carpeting. In three thousand years some alien will dig it up and confirm we were a bunch of morons.

1 person likes this.
  5. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Do it, 2016 will be here before we know it :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

They stock this boot in a variety of widths and reorder it quite a bit...this boot is one of Alden's must own boots IMO

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Looking great, and nice photos.

8. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Yeah, or even another run of the cigar boot on Plaza, which would actually be pretty cool. Or I too should get on the DC list; nothing against the commando sole, I've just been holding out for something else.

9. dslonghorn4

dslonghorn4 Senior member

They also offer a monthly 10% promo code in their SF affiliate thread that is applicable to Aldens.

10. digga

digga Senior member

I inquired about these boots a month ago and they still had them in stock, just not in my size... Closest in stock was 9.5E. I suppose they could be all sold out by now.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  11. digga

digga Senior member

From your other posts I feel like we have similarly "widish" feet, mine are just a size or two smaller.

Did you size up a half size from 1000 mile to the J crew cap toe boot? Do you wear an E width in anything? Just trying to decide if I should give these boots a shot even though they don't sell them in an E.

12. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I'm sort used to it now.

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I measure 11D but am slightly wide and slightly high volume/instep. I take a 10.5d in the 1K and most Barrie last shoes, but I had to go 11D in these cap toe boots. I've never gone up to an E but don't buy real narrow shoes either. For instance, AE's #5 last is long and narrow but I can get away with a D if they are bluchers.

1 person likes this.
  14. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

[​IMG]

This is all the shell I have for now. Still looking.
    I never polished the Cigar caps which have a mild differentiation in color. Lets say I do and try to even the vamp color. Will I be able to apply reno to remove the wax and have it looks as before, or does polish permanently darken shell?
    Thank you

15. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

Ditto. Same with black. I think it just depends on one's comfort and preference as I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a white saddle shoe, but have seen lots of gents (especially in Atlanta) pulling it off superbly.

16. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

I was there last Saturday and fell in love with that shoe, which Joe is having made in my size. They also had this beautiful unlined black and #8 cordo ptb that is perfect for summer.

1 person likes this.
  17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Nice Socks!

18. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

+2 for coming up through the first eyelets

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  19. Organika

Organika Senior member

Wow I want those LWB with natural sole. Very nice.

20. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

I ordered some indy boots from The Shoe Mart. Sadly it seems Cigar Shell is no more, which is what I really want. I decided to try the #8 Shell and the dark brown Chromexel, with the intention of returning one.

The Chromexel is extremely supple and soft and extremely comfortable right out of the box. The shell is extremely stiff by comparison.

Will the shell ever be as soft as the chromexel? For those of you who have had your shell boots for a long time, did they start very stiff? Did they soften up?

I'm still in the air over a color 8 boot. Seems...odd. I'm not sure how well it will dress down with my weekend/afternoon attire. I really would have preferred Cigar.

Also, the shell boots have lace holes all the way up while the chromexel has hooks. The hooks make it way easier to lace up and to take on or off. What are your opinions on the hooks vs holes?

I appreciate your feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.