***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mg428

mg428 Senior member

[​IMG]

^Vintage Indy.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong but I think the question is about Vintage Jumper boots, and not Vintage Indy. However, if the jumpers will have the same (oiled nubuck) leather, that photo of the Vintage Indy will also be greatly helpful for those who are wondering how these jumpers would look like.

Let me add some more photos of what I think is a Vintage Indy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mg428

mg428 Senior member

3. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Does anyone know if Alden (or I guess one of the many stores that carry them) offer a plain toe boot in black calf with the barrie last? I like Alden of Carmel's AF89 but I need the toe room of the barrie (and I prefer the shape as well). I don't follow all the various Alden models so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

4. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Be careful - I bought the Chromexcel Indy Boots from Mike and ended up ordering wingtips 2 days later. Alden's are addicting!

Now I'm looking at black chukka's... Someone, cut up my CC's and freeze my bank accounts, quick...

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

A goofy ass picture one of my friends took when we went hiking up this badass waterfall. I took my Aldens off to take a dip. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

7. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Be careful - I bought the Chromexcel Indy Boots from Mike and ended up ordering wingtips 2 days later. Alden's are addicting!
    Now I'm looking at black chukka's... Someone, cut up my CC's and freeze my bank accounts, quick...
    Ok, now that I've gotten a pair or brown long wingtips... What's your thoughts on a black shoe/boot to compliment for for more formal attire. I am getting a dark grey (charcoal) and Navy suit. I have these on order: [​IMG] http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ongwing/Detail I'm seriously thinking about these now: [​IMG] [​IMG] Would these be ok with my suits? I'm not sure about wearing the black chukkas with casual wear, but it's something I can test out and see for myself. Thought I'd get some feedback from people that know these shoes a lot more than I do.

8. mg428

mg428 Senior member

Does anyone know if Alden (or I guess one of the many stores that carry them) offer a plain toe boot in black calf with the barrie last? I like Alden of Carmel's AF89 but I need the toe room of the barrie (and I prefer the shape as well). I don't follow all the various Alden models so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

http://winnperry.com/updates/alden-d...-officer-boot/

If you email Jordan of Winn Perry, he will send you larger versions of the photos. I recall that there is a real life photo of the boots worn with a slim navy suit in this thread.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

not sure why, but this picture is beautiful!

10. TasselsHongKong

TasselsHongKong Well-Known Member

For starters, the colours and the composition is very nice. It really sets the mood. Also, it's probably because the boots stand out from the rest of the background, in focus with the rest of the image out of focus. The result of a nice lens.

I like the picture very much too. Beautiful.

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

Anyone have a pair of the Ultimate Indies in 8 or 8.5?

These have convinced me, but looks like Leather Soul is sold out.

I would get some indy's without the moc toe stitching, would love ultimate indys like that actually. Essentially outside America moc toe stitching looks retarded

12. velomane

velomane Senior member

I would get some indy's without the moc toe stitching, would love ultimate indys like that actually.

Which is why, today, I'm ordering a pair of the Jumper boots in chromexcel from the latest leathersoul preorder.

13. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

Whats the overall profile like on the Leydon last? I'm looking for something a little more casual than the Plaza and it seems to fit the bill. The only thing I was worried about was if it appears clunky at all. I'm looking into getting the AF95 boot from Alden of Carmel and their pics of it suck.

Any comments/reviews of this last, especially in its boot form would be appreciated.

14. Scrounger

Scrounger Senior member

Anyone have a pair of the Ultimate Indies in 8 or 8.5?

These have convinced me, but looks like Leather Soul is sold out.

AFAIK, the 403 Indy is chromexcel and leather-lined. If that's close enough, it's available from a number of sellers. No commando sole though, not sure what the other differences are.

15. REguy

REguy Senior member

Whats the overall profile like on the Leydon last? I'm looking for something a little more casual than the Plaza and it seems to fit the bill. The only thing I was worried about was if it appears clunky at all. I'm looking into getting the AF95 boot from Alden of Carmel and their pics of it suck.

Any comments/reviews of this last, especially in its boot form would be appreciated.

I have several shoes on both lasts. The Leydon isn't as roomy and the toe is a little more low-profile than the Barrie's bulbous look. I personally think the Leydon still looks clunky as a shoe. However, I don't think you'll get anything more sleek from Alden in a boot unless you happen to find something in the Aberdeen or Hampton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.