• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fall is officially here at my house and boots are the order of the day for a lunch outing. I need to wear these more as there is no prize for ending life with a closet of rarely worn boots.

IMG_3413.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 10.40.03 AM.png

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I must admit that I did not listen to advice that some of you guys gave me about D vs E width. I just could not pass on the deal on suede loafers with rubber sole D1214L.

So I got another LHS loafer but now in E width. And I can feel the difference but it is not so drastic. D width is very nice snug fit without the socks. And E is just a little more loose in the back half of the shoe. I don't see much difference in the toebox. So I think E width will be perfect to wear with socks in colder weather.

And for the difference between leather sole and rubber sole. Leather sole seems a little more comfortable under the foot. I am not sure if rubber sole doesn't have cork footbed on top, but landing is not as soft as with leather sole. But on the other hand, rubber sole has extreme flex compared to leather sole, so they feel almost like wearing sneakers. So to me they feel more "comfortable" for walking or how to say that - it seems that I can walk more "normal" or natural with rubber sole. I feel more "relaxed" when walking in a pair with rubber sole because it is similar as wearing vans for example and not like wearing shoes. It is not drastic difference, but to me it seems that I walk a little differently in both shoes.

This is my exact experience with the LHS. D is nice and snug, but the E is just a touch too big. I only buy unlined models because the snug fit plus no lining means they are off-the-charts comfortable.

With thicker socks, you should be fine with an E.

I dislike the rubber sole Alden uses. I returned a rubber-soled pair because the shoes felt so strange. The flexible leather sole is better.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fall is officially here at my house and boots are the order of the day for a lunch outing. I need to wear these more as there is no prize for ending life with a closet of rarely worn boots.

View attachment 2057027

OH MY those are just simply beautiful boots....not just good, but beautiful.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Off to a peewee football game.

IMG_3419.jpg

rosenkruez

Reaction score
Need some help.

Gray indy vs. Loden indy.

I have humus indy so leaning more towards gray. For some reason, right shoe of my humus indy is darker and sometimes show greenish hue. So I’m thinking Loden will kind be redundant? Obviously, gray will be a completely different color but they appear to be more blue in some pics.

At the same time, I’m a sucker for green. Always wanted green indy makeups from todd snyder but never got a chance to buy one due to my sizing. So Loden is a good chance to have a green pair of indy?

Last edited:

maiatip

Reaction score
This is my exact experience with the LHS. D is nice and snug, but the E is just a touch too big. I only buy unlined models because the snug fit plus no lining means they are off-the-charts comfortable.

With thicker socks, you should be fine with an E.

I dislike the rubber sole Alden uses. I returned a rubber-soled pair because the shoes felt so strange. The flexible leather sole is better.
I also prefer unlined models because they are more comfortable and extendable. The flexible leather platform is much better.

CLH03

Reaction score
Need some help.

Gray indy vs. Loden indy.

I have humus indy so leaning more towards gray. For some reason, right shoe of my humus indy is darker and sometimes show greenish hue. So I’m thinking Loden will kind be redundant? Obviously, gray will be a completely different color but they appear to be more blue in some pics.

At the same time, I’m a sucker for green. Always wanted green indy makeups from todd snyder but never got a chance to buy one due to my sizing. So Loden is a good chance to have a green pair of indy?
Loden is really really close to humus. I would switch it up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads