• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slam

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have probably 8 pairs of Aldens, but no Ravello Cigar or Whiskey.

I called the main Alden shops today. What else can I do to get lucky besides wait? Been buying now for 6 years and haven't had a single opportunity to buy any more rare colors. I'm clearly doing something wrong!

thams

Reaction score

I called the main Alden shops today. What else can I do to get lucky besides wait? Been buying now for 6 years and haven't had a single opportunity to buy any more rare colors. I'm clearly doing something wrong!

Sheer luck and playing the long game. Also, you can't hesitate to pull the trigger when an opportunity presents itself. All the rare shell I picked up (all of three pairs) involved being lucky enough to find a waiting list for a model I was interested in and then waiting 1.5 to 3 years for them to finally be produced.

My favorite pair of boots is cigar, but truth be told...there's nothing like a well aged, beat up pair of #8 boots.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
No idea how much interest there is in this kind of thing, but this Alden PCT boot pre-order just popped up on the instagram feed of a local store:

Beautiful looking boots. Hard to go wrong with one of the classic models like this.

I've floated this before since missing out on them at Leffot a few years back, but does anyone know if this model - called the City Moc at Leffot - has surfaced anywhere else? Either in chromexcel as pictured or possibly in suede? It's still my mythically perfect casual shoe and I can't stop wishing for it.
c03841388e579b4a4c1cf0ce5919bf1c.jpg

I have seen those made by a number of shops in Color 8, Snuff, etc. I am thinking of Alden Madison and Frans Boone for some reason.

In my quest for cigar plain toe boots, I shot an email over to Anatomica for a hail mary. No dice, but they sent some awesome pictures of some boots in my size. I know the modified last isn't everyone's cup of tea, but these are pretty slick. Really nice guys over there too.

Both lovely looking boots. I personally don't advocate for getting a modified last shoe or Boot unless you actually need the anatomic support.

BB 8's today... 105 here today.. oops, tiny Scotch mark on right shoe .. off to the brush..

Looking great Chippy. Happy Brushing!

Lovely looking Navy CXLs! Looking great!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find either a pre-order or stock of any black shell boots, either the Indy, the wingtip, or the straight-tip in a C width, ideally in one of the slimmer lasts like Plaza? I have a preorder for some others through Brick + Mortar that are very delayed and I'm starting to think about fall for boots since it seems like some of these pre orders are taking a long time w/Alden. The narrow width/narrower last is really tough it seems. My damn narrow heels!

It takes 4-6 months for Alden to make shoes once they start. Unless someone has a C in production already you will have to do some waiting. :)

I believe this may be my first post in this thread, despite lurking for quite some time. This past week I impulse purchased a pair of 3914 Plaza boots from the Madison Ave. Alden while traveling to NYC. I figured the new addition is as good excuse as any to snap a pic of the small collection (other than my 1493 and 13871 Chukkas which are back with Alden for restoration). From left to right: 966 wingtip, 9015 SC bal, 3914 Plaza, 4461H SC wingtip boot, and the trusty ol' 405 Indys. Love the brand. Great thread.

Good to see you here. Welcome to the thread! You have a lovely looking collection going already!

Very nice Pepper! Great loooking Indys. Keep dry!

Hah. I would frankly just suggest that you try and build your relationship with vendors when you make purchases. Sometimes it's just about asking them what they are making too! It's also sometimes about timing.

-Mike

eyeheartny

Reaction score
It takes 4-6 months for Alden to make shoes once they start. Unless someone has a C in production already you will have to do some waiting. :)

Thanks mdubs. I'm willing to wait for the right boot. Any idea on who's doing a preorder for a black shell boot where they'd take a narrow width order?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mdubs. I'm willing to wait for the right boot. Any idea on who's doing a preorder for a black shell boot where they'd take a narrow width order?

What style? Yenni has a few as does Adam at Carmel I think.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea how much interest there is in this kind of thing, but this Alden PCT boot pre-order just popped up on the instagram feed of a local store:

http://www.lawrencecovell.com/shop-mens/shop-by-designer/alden-shoes/alden-special-order-shoe-45233
View attachment 661428

What's funny is their images shows my (highly polished) JCrew PCT's when they were new. Pic taken in my backyard. Buyers may likely be disappointed when they don't come out of the box looking like that.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
What style? Yenni has a few as does Adam at Carmel I think.

I'm looking for either an Indy or a straight tip, ideally on commando. I looked and Yenni doesn't mention anything in narrow widths. I need to check with her about the six-eyelet chukkas I'm waiting on anyway that are delayed a few months, so I can ask. I'll see what Adam has listed too.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's funny is their images shows my (highly polished) JCrew PCT's when they were new. Pic taken in my backyard. Buyers may likely be disappointed when they don't come out of the box looking like that.

Those of us who have admired your shines/patina'd boots for a while recognized the pic right away. Also noticed the Barrie last versus grant listed in the ad.

AMD500

Reaction score
Hell yeah, man! Rock those shells the way they were intended!
Lovely AMD, classic look. Do you mind my asking what model is this exactly and how old are they?

Thanks, guys. Love these boots. Shell is a great material for wet weather, naturally very waterproof, and any spotting just adds the patina of the boots IMHO. That said, they are due for a little TLC.
They are a stock AoDC model, 4060HC from 2014. Wish more retailers used the grant last for boots. I think its Alden's best last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads