• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

what whale

Reaction score
From Adam. Alpine/Scotch grain saddles. My first Plaza last. 10.5D Barrie/TB and 11D is a perfect fit. Great service as always.

what whale

Reaction score
Thanks. I never imagined owning saddles and then saw these and pulled the trigger. Was nervous about the sizing but plaza TTS for me is a great fit. Think at some point I may get these fitted with Dainite soles.

Also recently received the Sloat* PTB from Unionmade. Natural CXL is my favorite. Trubalance is so comfortable and I really like the neocork.

Last edited:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I never imagined owning saddles and then saw these and pulled the trigger. Was nervous about the sizing but plaza TTS for me is a great fit. Think at some point I may get these fitted with Dainite soles.

Also recently received the Sloan PTB from Unionmade. Natural CXL is my favorite. Trubalance is so comfortable and I really like the neocork.

Sloan is one of my faves and most comfy. 2.5 years and going strong.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning, 8:50am, Pine St, NYC - Black Alden Boots, looked like plain toe, brass eyelets, perhaps crepe sole? Maybe not. Couldn't tell. Fast walker.

Was that one of you gents?

Sighting in the wild? Those are as rare as rare shell!

tkliebert

Reaction score

Too funny. I saw the picture and thought.......man, I gotta get a pair of those. Completely forgot I sold them to you. They look great (slacks are killer too). Glad they found a good home.

Hard to believe anything could one-up your boots, but those pants...hot damn!!

What are the pants?

Thanks guys!! They were both fun to wear. The pants are called olive-lovat highlander plaid from the last Epaulet and Hertling ends for friends.

lstearns33

Reaction score

This morning, 8:50am, Pine St, NYC - Black Alden Boots, looked like plain toe, brass eyelets, perhaps crepe sole? Maybe not. Couldn't tell. Fast walker.

Was that one of you gents?

These? I'd love to get a bunch of people together to have these made up. Made for leffot a couple of years back.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From Adam. Alpine/Scotch grain saddles. My first Plaza last. 10.5D Barrie/TB and 11D is a perfect fit. Great service as always.

Fantastic color and terrific shine! I've never cared for saddles, but those are outrageously great. Adam's killing it...

Thanks guys!! They were both fun to wear. The pants are called olive-lovat highlander plaid from the last Epaulet and Hertling ends for friends.

And once again, the best pants on SF are from EP. Looking great there! I love the dark cigar.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My stock 9070 cap toe in #8 arrived today. Just a really nice shoe that fits well. I'm looking forward to adding it to the rotation.

what whale

Reaction score

Sloan is one of my faves and most comfy. 2.5 years and going strong.

Yeah I'm blown away by just how comfortable right out the box. First Alden boots I've bought and kept (after buying 3 others and returning for various reasons). TB last is like a glove for my foot. Cheers.

Last edited:

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These? I'd love to get a bunch of people together to have these made up. Made for leffot a couple of years back.

They are aweomse boots. Its unfortunate that Alden will no longer do the black with antique welt. Id say color 8 instead but then we lose the brass eyelets. I wonder if they were sent for a recraft, if Alden would change the welt to black. Id be terribly disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics