• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Jaguar XJ

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed. I've never been the biggest Jaguar fan, but at least they had the design competency to base the xk off of a good looking car like an Aston Martin. It looks like they're channeling Nissan for the XJ...

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I think it's a beautiful car in its own right. I guess the only thing to be disappointed about is that it comes at the expense of a classic model.

holyhotdamn

Reaction score
at least they had the design competency to base the xk off of a good looking car like an Aston Martin
This is wrong, they did not base the new XK off of an Aston Martin. It was more of an incremental change from the last generation XK, which was an escape from the hideousness that was the XJS, which followed the XKE. The XKE was ruined in the series II and III incarnations, but the original '61-'67 models were (arguably) the greatest looking car of all time. Although I will admit that the new XJ probably has Henry Lyons rolling in his grave. I'd put money on the idea that within two years the taillights will be fixed, the grill will be less upright, and finally that stupid carbon fiber strip or whatever it is on the rear pillar will be done away with.

track309

Reaction score
Also, You will take a big hit when trying to trade it in. Jags have horrible depreciation.

Maybe the only British manufacture to consider would be TVR, atleast they have more creativity.

tvr%20tuscan.jpg

Actually TVR's aren't available in the U.S.
tongue.gif

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by track309
Also, You will take a big hit when trying to trade it in. Jags have horrible depreciation.

Maybe the only British manufacture to consider would be TVR, atleast they have more creativity.

Actually TVR's aren't available in the U.S.
tongue.gif

Isn't TVR still owned by that rich Russian kid?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by track309

Actually, I think of the British auto's as one of the more creatively designed cars, especially when compared to the average German, Japanese and American cars.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Se...ideo-and-pics/

A little more modern than the old one!

I looked at the new XJ today at the dealership. The interior is amazingly nice, one of the nicest I've seen apart from the likes of Bentley and RR. However, the exterior doesn't excite me. The transition from the front to rear seems off, and the faux wrap around rear window fools no one. The dealership had the cars in black, dark green, burgundy, and white. To me, it looks much better in dark colors rather than light, I really hated the looks of the white one.

turboman808

Reaction score
Yep the new one is a real nice car. Interior is real nice. But it also makes me appreciate the old ones even more. On the hunt for a series 3 vanden plas right now.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Yep the new one is a real nice car. Interior is real nice. But it also makes me appreciate the old ones even more. On the hunt for a series 3 vanden plas right now.
The old ones have a certain grace about them that I've always admired. My first IRL look at the new one didn't make the same impression upon me. The sumptuously elegant interior, IMO, is better than ever, but the exterior has lost its gracefulness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads