• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and Tumble, South2West8, Sonic Lab, etc.

jwalterweather

Reaction score
Wonder what ballpark retail will be... worth looking for proxy?

Also.. any M65's in olive that are available now worth looking into? Olive VISVIM Kilgore looked promising, but I'd have to scour forums/e-bay for that. I think maybe Bedwin and the Heartbreakers has one this season, but I wasn't sold on it.
The Aspesi Tigre jacket always looked sorta cool to me. And nonnative usually has an m65-style jacket worth checking out.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder what ballpark retail will be... worth looking for proxy?

Also.. any M65's in olive that are available now worth looking into? Olive VISVIM Kilgore looked promising, but I'd have to scour forums/e-bay for that. I think maybe Bedwin and the Heartbreakers has one this season, but I wasn't sold on it.

Retail in Japan is 60,000 Yen / $575. Probably be nearer 850 USD at Haven. Kind of annoyingly expensive, but yeah would definitely be worth a proxy if you were going to get it.

The older season model was about third less (40,000Y) but maybe cutting the body short and adding the ribbing at the bottom helped push the price up? I've noticed the rebuild fatigue pants are more expensive this season too so maybe some of its across the board.

I've been thinking about hunting down an older season WTAPS one myself.

Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score
$58 dollar shipped South2west8 small canoe sack and about $80 shipped for the large at maas and stacks with code: ss14lastchance

Sale ends tonight I think.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those who were considering those multi-cut flannels, Silver and Gold just put some up (size M & L):

http://store.silver-and-gold.com/?pid=80085529

Those are some beautiful colors. From what I can assess the smalls are more along the lines of a medium or large with 22.5" chest on the smallest small I can find. I'm guessing these are meant to be worn loose but on a mid-sized stocky guy like myself I think a loose flannel is not my best bet.

Edit: from my Google translate of that page my fav quote is: "This is the shirt that make me feel the freshness that can not be enclosed in a word of remake simply."

Indeed.

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are some beautiful colors. From what I can assess the smalls are more along the lines of a medium or large with 22.5" chest on the smallest small I can find. I'm guessing these are meant to be worn loose but on a mid-sized stocky guy like myself I think a loose flannel is not my best bet.

Edit: from my Google translate of that page my fav quote is: "This is the shirt that make me feel the freshness that can not be enclosed in a word of remake simply."

Indeed.

Yeah, whatever size you get they're intended to be loose in the chest, but the sleeves aren't that long - I'd go by the lengths. I'm 5'10" with slightly lanky arms so if I get one it'll be an M or possibly one of the larger Smalls.

Alpoa still has a couple left in a S and XS if you want a look http://store.alpoa.jp/?pid=80018499

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shingles

Reaction score
Great initiative starting this thread.

I'm on the lookout for this S2W8 back pack.

South2 West8 - Suntan Sunforger Trek Pack

The Bureau are sold out. Any ideas?

Edit: Oops, just saw you had the stockists listed in the thread start. Should have a look at them then, cheers.

Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score

Great initiative starting this thread.

I'm on the lookout for this S2W8 back pack.

South2 West8 - Suntan Sunforger Trek Pack

The Bureau are sold out. Any ideas?

Edit: Oops, just saw you had the stockists listed in the thread start. Should have a look at them then, cheers.

I just sold my beat up one on eBay for $99. Sorry!

Shingles

Reaction score

I just sold my beat up one on eBay for $99. Sorry!

No worries buddy. I've got my eyes on another second-hand one already. Thanks anyway!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads