1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Saucemaster, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

You like it the pinstripes?

I am psyched for Game 7. I am counting on the Clips to make it a real game. LA has a second chance.

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

lakers fans and clippers fans are the same people. we love the lakers because they are winners. we love the clippers because they are losers. there's no rivalry here.

No wonder you guys don't have a football team.[​IMG]

koji

3. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

Do you guys think the Pistons can win this series? No team in the league can beat them 4 games straight. I think they can still pull it out. They were in the same situation against Miami last year and they were a much better team than the Cavs. We shall see tonight.

4. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

[​IMG]
    Do you guys think the Pistons can win this series? No team in the league can beat them 4 games straight. I think they can still pull it out. They were in the same situation against Miami last year and they were a much better team than the Cavs. We shall see tonight.

If the Cavs do manage to pull this thing out, they should steal the MVP trophy from Nash's case.

koji

5. Saucemaster

If the Cavs do manage to pull this thing out, they should steal the MVP trophy from Nash's case.

My God, yes. If the Cavs take the Pistons down, Nash should hand James the trophy himself.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

7. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

mp: I don't hate the Clips. But, now that the Lakers are out, I've lost interest. Now, I look at the individuals that I like, e.g. LBJ.

8. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I admit to having been a Lebron doubter when he first came into the league, but that kid is the real deal. I'm most impressed by his sense of team play, so lacking in the modern NBA.

I am unable to root for the pistons as Ben Wallace gets wayyy to many calls (or should I say non-calls?).

9. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

cdm: I have disliked the Pistons since the L******r days. Best group of football players to get on a basketball court.

10. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

Pistons in 7 games. The Palace will be rocking and the Cavs have never played a game like this before. I doubted Lebron at first, but he is the real deal. This guy is super talented and will have several rings and records by the time he is done.

11. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Wow - two more great game 6's last night. Can't believe they basically both came down to the final shots.

This is turning into one of the best NBA playoff years ever.

All of the Game 7's should be amazing and then who knows how good the Conference Finals and the NBA Finals will be.

Bradford - Hoping his Suns are getting lots of rest this weekend [​IMG]

12. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

No wonder you guys don't have a football team.[​IMG] koji
    peace and love baby. peace & love... when the raiders were still here, they took ballet lessons to improve their balance and coordination. if they still played here, they'd be doing pilates.

13. matadorpoeta

mp: I don't hate the Clips. But, now that the Lakers are out, I've lost interest. Now, I look at the individuals that I like, e.g. LBJ.

san diegiños don't count![​IMG]

14. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

peace and love baby. peace & love...

when the raiders were still here, they took ballet lessons to improve their balance and coordination. if they still played here, they'd be doing pilates.

Heh; seriously though, I do hope you guys get an NFL team sometime in the near future (even though I realize it's more of a college football town).

koji

15. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

mp: I know you're joking. What you don't know is I've been a Lakers fan since 1963.

16. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

There's a city dividing line?

17. matadorpoeta

There's a city dividing line?
    of course! with some exceptions, laker fans are laker fans because they are from l.a. or they've lived in l.a. for a long time. if i was born, and raised, and lived in chicago, i wouldn't be a laker fan. i hate yellow, so they'd be my least favorite team! if you're from another city and like the lakers because of the way they play, i wouldn't expect you to give a damn about the clippers one way or another.

18. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

What a defensive display by Detroit in the 2nd half. Pistons in 6 over the heat and I hope the Clips over the Suns!!!

19. Saucemaster

What a defensive display by Detroit in the 2nd half. Pistons in 6 over the heat and I hope the Clips over the Suns!!!

They locked that shit down tight. LeBron also needs a real team backing him up--the Cavs had no second option the entire night. Now for a rematch of last year's Eastern Conference Finals!

20. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Sorry, MGBG, Go Heat!