• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The NBA Playoffs

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MP was right. Magic WAS hurt against the Bulls. Pulled ham. Same injury sidelined Byron Scott. Should be an asterisk next to that Bulls' ring.

As for that game last night. I don't think Kobe quit. The Suns just stomped on them. Early and often. And, the Lakers had no answers. Kwame reverted to his pass-dropping, hands of stone ways. Most importantly, the Lakers defense in the last 3 games was atrocious. Hats off to the Suns and D'Antoni. It took them a while but they got their act together and started executing their type of ball. I'd love to see them win it all.

BUT, the Spurs are just too good. They should be able to slow the Suns and beat them. We will have to wait some more for a return to the older style of fast-paced higher scoring games.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
MP was right. Magic WAS hurt against the Bulls. Pulled ham. Same injury sidelined Byron Scott. Should be an asterisk next to that Bulls' ring.

As for that game last night. I don't think Kobe quit. The Suns just stomped on them. Early and often. And, the Lakers had no answers. Kwame reverted to his pass-dropping, hands of stone ways. Most importantly, the Lakers defense in the last 3 games was atrocious. Hats off to the Suns and D'Antoni. It took them a while but they got their act together and started executing their type of ball. I'd love to see them win it all.

BUT, the Spurs are just too good. They should be able to slow the Suns and beat them. We will have to wait some more for a return to the older style of fast-paced higher scoring games.

I said he played I didnt say he wasn't hurt, I said he played the whole series. This shows he did play.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff
I would hope so. If the nets dont do it this year, then when? Kidd is showing signs of slowing down, maybe he is just sick of the BS. Personally, I think all teams that end in ETS are cursed.

Well, I think this is the year for the Amazins to finally win another world series. As for football, I'm a Giants fan so...

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jpierpont: Yes, my bad. I was thinking of the earlier Pistons Lakers series when both Magic and Byron were hurt.

Sauce: the problem with the Lakers in game 6 was that they just played stupid in those last seconds. Stu Lantz has said it before and he repeated himself again. When you are up by 3 in the closing seconds, guard the arc. Even if it means a concession two pointer. With 6 seconds left, they didn't do that, and Thomas hit the three to tie the game. Stupid!!!!!!
mad.gif

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Well, I think this is the year for the Amazins to finally win another world series. As for football, I'm a Giants fan so...

The Mets win another WS? I think they might be able to ge tthere what with this watered down NL baseball, but the AL teams will lay the lumber to them.Also the Mets have been burning their bullpen lately and Jorge Julio spells Benitez.

That Benson deal was a tribute to making the team Los Mets which is very offensive. Minaya had better win big this year. I miss Ana Benson. It figures the slobs who make up the Mets fan base would resent her since theyd never get to date a hot chick like that.

As for the Giants. Im a Giants fan too. I like the team, the QB is way overrated (How bad does Rothlieberger make the Manning twins look?) and the coach is a fossil (haha) from another era, like a warden from Cool Hand Luke

Im down on Eli but it was important for the Ginats to go for a marquee QB and lose any semblance of running the team like it is still 1960s football (Or even 1980s)

I like the idea that the Giants went crazy on defense in both the draft and FA. Giants under Accorsi have picked wisely overall in drafts. The Pass rush should be insane. But they need some more secondary. We get burned on long passes and we need like a crazy FS. Im talking like Sean taylor crazy.

Also they need a monster Tackle like Turley, someone whose helmet they can weld horns onto.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boy those Pistons sure looked impressive today. By far my favorite team to watch since Jordan was running the bulls in the mid 90s. In an era where players move around so often it is quite refreshing to see a team in which the core has stuck together and play as a single entity.

Lamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Lamo, you're just a certified, card-carrying Suns hater... Is there some sort of story you'd like to share about this? Steve Nash steal your girlfriend, something like that?
confused.gif

Suns hater? Nash doesn't deserve the MVP and that team isn't built for the playoffs. As i said before, refute a single thing i said about them. A mediocre Lakers team gave them a hard time and a balanced Clippers team isn't going to lose to them. Is there some other story you'd like to spin?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lamo
Suns hater? Nash doesn't deserve the MVP and that team isn't built for the playoffs. As i said before, refute a single thing i said about them. A mediocre Lakers team gave them a hard time and a balanced Clippers team isn't going to lose to them. Is there some other story you'd like to spin?

And who does deserve the MVP? Kobe?
dozingoff.gif

koji

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I was a witness to see the Cavs get destroyed by the Pistons. The Pistons played as good as any team can play. The Cavs are going to be able to sneak one game maybe, but that is it. Detroit is on it's way back to the Finals no doubt!!!!
smile.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Anyone want to make a prediction on Nets vs. Heat?

I have no idea at the moment, though if forced I'd say I think I favor the Nets. But not by much.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster

I have no idea at the moment, though if forced I'd say I think I favor the Nets. But not by much.

Depends on which Shaq shows up.

koji

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster

I hope RJ is back for Game 2. Anyway, I think the Nets are capable of beating both Miami and Detroit. I don't think it matters which Shaq shows up so much as it matters which Nets show up. The Nets have been known during the regular season to destroy good teams at times and to lose to bad teams. If the Nets play at their highest level, I think they can go all the way.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope RJ is back for Game 2. Anyway, I think the Nets are capable of beating both Miami and Detroit. I don't think it matters which Shaq shows up so much as it matters which Nets show up. The Nets have been known during the regular season to destroy good teams at times and to lose to bad teams. If the Nets play at their highest level, I think they can go all the way.

Shaq looked horrible in game 1, I expect a big bounce-back performance in game 2.

koji

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
Shaq looked horrible in game 1, I expect a big bounce-back performance in game 2.

koji

As long as he looks horrible more often in this series then he looks good then I'm happy.
smile.gif

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as he looks horrible more often in this series then he looks good then I'm happy.
smile.gif

Ditto; I'm pulling for Jersey.

koji

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads