• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Macy's brand

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I haven't even set foot in a Macy's in quite a while. I have gotten the impression that the quality of their goods has declined in recent years. I bought some made-in-Hong Kong white dress shirts bearing their "Club Room" label about 11 years ago, and they still seem pretty decent to me.

Some of my negative impression of Macy's may have been formed by visits to their store in Santa Ana Mainplace, not the most upscale shopping area around. I have the sense their men's store in South Coast Plaza is a distinct cut above--still, I never see anything I want to buy there.

Macy's vs. JAB would be good time-wasting thread.

Advice taken.

xanatos

Reaction score
I go to Macys to walk around and maybe try to find something nice but in my eyes it has turned into a Jcpenny in terms of quality and customer service.
In the OC the Main Place Macys is horrible and just caters to like ecko. alfani. calvin klein crap and RL left over stuff...
Where SCP Macys has a lot lot more in terms of brands and good deals..but everytime I go in i feel like the quality has declined.Maybe I've gotten older and experience better service and finer things in life but I thought i was the king when i bought stuff at Macys as a teen and coudlnt even think about stopping into Nordstrom.
I hate how the "ballers" act like they can afford top notch **** but never step foot in a store and buy used good online..drives me insane.
Nordstroms quality has declined as well.Customer service is great!! but all they have now is to cater to the demo graphics of Ed Hardy Afflication and crappy embroidered ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads