• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that the only picture Clouseau ? I remember that I had the Baracuta Harrington that I had relined with me that day but it was so warm that I don't think that I wore it in London,pity because I thought that it looked ok with those trousers.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Was that the only picture Clouseau ? I remember that I had the Baracuta Harrington that I had relined with me that day but it was so warm that I don't think that I wore it in London,pity because I thought that it looked ok with those trousers.
yes, that's the only one i have, maybe @covskin have others ?
That Mustard Baracuta is nice indeed, remember it very well.

Yeah a good Look mate.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Of course i have to post this one from July 2016 !

Meet up Londres 7:2016.jpeg

From left to right : @Inkss, @Aces and Eights, @Mr Knightley, @Paint House Gang, @Man-of-Mystery, @browniecj, me, @Bela Kun, @covskin

I remember i was wearing that day my Black Baracuta G9, a Black plain FP shirt, Lee Riders Archive Japan, Black Cole Haan loafers. And a beard like @Botolph (but whitey)

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1288297

From left to right : @Inkss, @Aces and Eights, @Mr Knightley, @Paint House Gang, @Man-of-Mystery, @browniecj, me, @Bela Kun, @covskin

I remember i was wearing that day my Black Baracuta G9, a Black plain FP shirt, Lee Riders Archive Japan, Black Cole Haan loafers. And a beard like @Botolph (but whitey)
I think that completes the 'set' now Inspector. Well done!

We have spoken of late (again) about 'old men in jeans'. There is a fair selection there and none the worse for it IMO.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I think that completes the 'set' now Inspector. Well done! We have spoken of late (again) about 'old men in jeans'. There is a fair selection there and none the worse for it IMO.
I think the recent discussion was more (for me anyway) about the over use of jeans in the Challenge, where the aim of this FC is to obtain a smart look with a Harrington.
It is true that I was surprised to see that apart Now Yorky and me, all the contestants wore jeans. Yes they are allowed but i didnt expect so many.
The second point was about the importance of the right fit in jeans.
Just my two cents...

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1288297

It’s a good job that most of you are known to Mr. Simons. Otherwise he might think you had turned up mob-handed to steam through his shop and nick all the inventory.

A sort of Hatton Garden safety deposit job - but more brazen and focussed on clothing.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It’s a good job that most of you are known to Mr. Simons. Otherwise he might think you had turned up mob-handed to steam through his shop and nick all the inventory.

A sort of Hatton Garden safety deposit job - but more brazen and focussed on clothing.
I don't think we went to J.Simons that day, otherwise he would have rang down the iron curtain (if that's the correct expression ) ! :-D

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the recent discussion was more (for me anyway) about the over use of jeans in the Challenge, where the aim of this FC is to obtain a smart look with a Harrington.
It is true that I was surprised to see that apart Now Yorky and me, all the contestants wore jeans. Yes they are allowed but i didnt expect so many.
The second point was about the importance of the right fit in jeans.
Just my two cents...
I was still wearing 5 pocket kegs but not made out of denim. I have a lot of this style of trousers, but don't really know how to categorise them, as they aren't chino's.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been mulling over the 'Suits/ Smart Casual' debate and my comments about jeans.
Mr Knightley was in favour of Suits whilst I thought that Smart Casual wear was more 'important' today (sadly) however then Mr Knightley championed jeans whereas I argued against jeans on older blokes and as part of Smart Casual.
In a previous post Mr Knightley had wondered if we should spend more on Casual items ?
My position is this,Smart Casual is a very important style today and I want to raise my game and make my Smart Casual look more Smart than Casual...so no jeans (or Trainers).

Since the Summer through training (yes that includes the much derided Pilates) and a change in diet I have lost about a Stone and a half in weight (22 Pounds/ 10 Kilos) sadly this has meant that a lot of my Trousers are now too big for me.
I always try to take a positive from any experience (including negative experiences) and here the positive is that I will have to buy new Trousers/Chinos/Cords suitable for my age and my needs today.....
There will be no more blue jeans even though I get compliments on my Navy Armani J21 jeans I no longer feel happy with that look in the same way as I felt that I was too old for Trainers some time ago.

So what do I want when I buy new trousers ? I am thinking a pair of Navy and a pair of Grey wool flat front trousers,maybe some Cords and a pair of Chinos,I recently bought some Wrangler Texas jeans in a Biscuit colour (possibly something like Yorky mentioned?) and I will wear them for more mundane use (going to shops,gym etc).
I expect that I will buy some Puppy Tooth check trousers but they are not a priority, I also have a whim to buy some Tweed trousers and I like the look of the Jura tweed trousers on fifecountry although maybe they are a bit too Country.

Sorry that its such a long post but I thought that it might encourage further debate if I clarified my earlier posts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads