• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I was surprised you didn't get more votes @Thin White Duke as i think your entry was one of the best.
I was also (pleasantly) surprised to get many votes TBH, i think the more i ever had in a Challenge.
Thanks to my 13 years old daughter who took the picture with an old second-hand iPhone !

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
I was surprised you didn't get more votes @Thin White Duke as i think your entry was one of the best.
I was also (pleasantly) surprised to get many votes TBH, i think the more i ever had in a Challenge.
Thanks to my 13 years old daughter who took the picture with an old second-hand iPhone !
She's got talent. It was a good photo.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Mr Knightley, post: 10036745, member: ......good to see TLGO made a clean sweep of the top places, eh?

Not necessarily. People might see that as either ‘the old pals act’ or a little cliquey.
[/QUOTE]

Beginning to be tired with your usual comments Kingstonian.

'old pal acts' ?...
In your case it's more the 'old man rant' !

'A little cliquey' ? Frankly, with 23 votes, which is quite a score for a SF Challenge, it means a lot of people that are not from TLGO - where we have maybe 4 regular posters maximum - voted for me.

Post a 'fit' once, i would be curious to see what you look like in real life and if you look that cool, so you can always criticize the others.

All the best,
C.

Ha curiously you edited your post ? Too late...
Edit : and just re-posted it...

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good to see TLGO made a clean sweep of the top places, eh?

Not necessarily. Others might see that as either ‘the old pals act’ or a bit cliquey.

I was also surprised at some of the voting. A limit of three meant some of the posts I liked I could not vote for.

PS

‘Great stuff guys” is the usual sign off of ‘Bogbrush’ from ‘Private Eye’ s ‘From the message boards’ column.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
“Beginning to be tired with your usual comments Kingstonian.”

Tough luck then.

Troll.jpg

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
Kingstonian has a point to be fair. I voted for the Inspector because I genuinely felt his was the best interpretation of how a Crombie should be worn. However, I then voted for Mr K and Yorky, out of loyalty.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have voted for Mr. K if he had worn his original entry, but - even though he seems like a nice chap - I did not vote for the grey coat.

Crusty also had a very nice coat, worn in a very traditional manner, but I had already run out of votes.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Others might see that as either ‘the old pals act’ or a bit cliquey.

I was also surprised at some of the voting. A limit of three meant some of the posts I liked I could not vote for.

PS

‘Great stuff guys” is the usual sign off of ‘Bogbrush’ from ‘Private Eye’ s ‘From the message boards’ column.

Are you aiming at @Mr Knightley as he was the one who said "Great stuff ?...

The "Bogbrush" reference (from Private Eye) is typical of your negative undertones.

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clouseau seems well and truly wound up.

Could not even wait for me to finish editing my post before replying.

Probably thinks I rained on his parade - though I did not specifically mention him and was not intentionally having a pop at him.

Two points:-

1. If you post on a thread you may read replies you don’t like or don’t agree with.

2. Even if you are named after a fictional gendarme that does not make you the site policeman.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not respond to @Kingstonian and his comments made on the FC thread regarding my changing my entry to the grey coat. I knew that the grey would be less popular but I wanted to post something different (from the many blacks / dark blues).

At the end of the day this whole thing is meant to be fun! If you feel reasonably confident about your appearance you need neither likes nor votes ?

Anyway, I should also like to see a @Kingstonian FC entry at some point!

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not respond to @Kingstonian and his comments made on the FC thread regarding my changing my entry to the grey coat. I knew that the grey would be less popular but I wanted to post something different (from the many blacks / dark blues).

At the end of the day this whole thing is meant to be fun! If you feel reasonably confident about your appearance you need neither likes nor votes ?

Anyway, I should also like to see a @Kingstonian FC entry at some point!
Exactly trust your own judgement.

I don’t post photos on tinternet though. Don’t do Facebook either. Don’t do twitter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads